Top 5 Teams

faizan.hp

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Rank the teams on the basis of their very recent form.

My rankings

Test
1.England
2.India
3.Australia
4.South Africa
5.New Zealand

ODI
1.Australia
2.India
3.New Zealand
4.England
5.South Africa

Test
1) England
2) Australia
3) India
4) South Africa
5) Sri lanka

Bad news for us if England continues their current Test form in the next Ashes series.

Odis
1)Australia
2) South Africa
3) India
4) New Zealand
5) Sri lanka

There's something called the ICC Rankings

Test
Australia
England
India
South Africa
New Zealand

1)Australia
2)India
3)England
4)New Zealand
5)Sri lanka

Last edited:
No way in the world is New Zealand a top five test team, we've just lost half our bowling attack and only have two test class batsmen (three when Ryder get's back).

Tbh I don't know how I'd rate my top five, but Australia, England, India, South Africa and Sri Lanka would all probably be in it.

Test
India/South Africa - Both are world beaters on their day and can still fail like no other
England/Australia - One is re-forming and another is on a rise; currently very matchable sides
Sri Lanka/Pakistan/NZ/WI - None have done much to boast off recently

ODI
Australia
India
SA/SL

for me:
Test:
India
South Africa
Australia
Sri Lanka
England. (They've defeated South Africa greatly in only a match, but see the 1st test;))

ODI:

India
Australia
South Africa
Sri Lanka
Pakistan.

I'm just amazed that people are ranking England as the Number 1 Test side in the world. Sure we beat Australia, and won the 2nd Test against South Africa, but we're still not the best side in the world. India are number 1 for me, given that they've beaten us Home and Away in our last 2 series against them, irrespective of whether we're a better side now or not. I'd rank the sides:

Tests
India
South Africa/England
Australia
Sri Lanka

India are number 1 for me, given that they've beaten us Home and Away in our last 2 series against them, irrespective of whether we're a better side now or not.

So whoever beats England home and away is the best side? Please, England is ████ at all forms. The Australians lost the Ashes, you didnt win them.

I am surprised that people think NZ is a top 5 test team, we certainly are a top 5 ODI team but we have a long way to go before we can claim to be there in test matches.

Tests
India
South Africa
England
Australia
Sri Lanka

ODIs
Australia
India
England
South Africa
New Zealand

Tests

1. India
2. South Africa
3. Australia
4. England
5. Sri Lanka

ODIs

1. Australia
2. South Africa
3. India
4. Sri Lanka
5. England

King Cricket added 4 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

Test:
England
Aussies
India
New Zealand
South Africa

ODI:
India
Sri Lanka
South Africa
Aussies
England

We are hardly the top side in the One-dayers. Yeah, we might have thrashed Sri Lanka like anything in home soil- but take a look at the other matches we played last year. Series defeat against Australia, first-round exit in the CT...MSD's boys have proven to be quite inconsistent lately. Yeah, India is definitely up there as one of the best teams of the world, but we're not really the number one.

I was thinking about this in the bath just now (it's a place where I think about all the important parts of my life ;)) In the sub-continent there is no denying the top test team is India, however, anywhere else in the world there is very little to choose between Aus, SA, Eng or India, which is pretty damn good cause it means test cricket is going into a very exciting stage where when any of the top 4 meet, anyone of them has an equal chance of winning.

Users who are viewing this thread