Top 5 Teams

Guptill made the 4th highest score on ODI debut, he was named in the 2009 world ODI team.
Well,it isn't the question of how much he scored on debut or whatever.It is the consistency which matters.

That's alright, we'll agree to disagree.
No problems from my side too.National pride has to be there,and good to see you have it.:)

You disagree which is fine, but I wouldn't bother arguing about it. It's opinion based.

It's a fair call saying NZ is the second best ODI side. Guptill has been incredibly consistent. Of course he'll have to back up next season but 41 average from 22 games with 6 fifties and a hundred is good consistency.

Fact is, New Zealand made the final of the Champion's Trophy and where were India? At the moment on paper i'd say NZ are better all-round because as CG pointed out their bowling is a bit iffy. NZ have 3 of the best limited overs bowlers in the world with Bond, Vettori and Mills (massively under-rated - has great control in the power plays)

If NZ and India combine they would form the best team with ease. They have pieces which the other needs, India have the best batting lineup for ODIs but the bowling is iffy while NZ is the opposite. Adding in Ryder might fix the problem for NZ. SA would have the best all round lineup with a good mix of big hitters, all rounders and bowlers but need to put it together.

My ODI ranking
Australia
India
SA
NZ
England

But the top 4 are very close and England is catching the top 4.

Openers may be good but aren't one of the best.I personally like Taylor and Elliot,but I can hardly remember any world-class records of the two.Guptill is nowhere near good especially in ODIs as he can't seem to build up his innings.The current NZ side imo isn't the number 2 material.

I agree here.NZ do have some good bowlers,but they aren't consistent barring Vettori and Mills maybe.

Where would I start with this:

-Our openers are infact statiscally the second best pairing in world cricket at the moment

-Taylor's record isn't great, he does average mid 30's but as you said it isn't world class. Elliott's on the other hand, he averages 43 which IMO is.

-Guptill is nowhere good. That might be ture in FC and test cricket but it's far from the truth in List A and ODI cricket.

-Our bowlers aren't consistant barring Vettori and Kyle Mills, I must ask, have you ever heard of Shane Bond?

Where would I start with this:

-Our openers are infact statiscally the second best pairing in world cricket at the moment

-Taylor's record isn't great, he does average mid 30's but as you said it isn't world class. Elliott's on the other hand, he averages 43 which IMO is.

-Guptill is nowhere good. That might be ture in FC and test cricket but it's far from the truth in List A and ODI cricket.

-Our bowlers aren't consistant barring Vettori and Kyle Mills, I must ask, have you ever heard of Shane Bond?
Yet NZ Team isn't consistent as they should be for Top 3. The problem with NZ Team is they do good in tournament but fail to make it great. They have great bowling side but yet to prove in batting IMO. I will place NZ in 4th position in ODI's.

ODI
1. Australia/India
3. SA
4. NZ
5. Pak/Sri Lanka

tests-
1-India
2-Engand
3-Australia
4-South africa
5-Pakistan

ODI-
1-Australia
2-India
2-South Africa
3-England
4-New Zealand

You mean the guy who get injured whenever he bowls more than ten overs in a day?

Nah he's the guy that's taken 35 Australian wickets at 14 ;)

Howsie added 1 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Yet NZ Team isn't consistent as they should be for Top 3. The problem with NZ Team is they do good in tournament but fail to make it great. They have great bowling side but yet to prove in batting IMO. I will place NZ in 4th position in ODI's.

ODI
1. Australia/India
3. SA
4. NZ
5. Pak/Sri Lanka

Can't argue with that assessment, although the batting is rather good in one day cricket IMO.

What about T20?

Test
India
South Africa
England
Australia
Sri Lanka

ODI
South Africa
Australia
Sri Lanka
India
New Zeland/England

T20
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
South Africa
New Zeland
West Indies

^Sri Lanka ain't a better ODI side than India.

Users who are viewing this thread