Training Thread

Hehehe, at least Manders is a real Under 19 player unlike hartley who was only called up cause there was no alternative. Manders was one of the first people picked ;)

Hehehe, at least Manders is a real Under 19 player unlike hartley who was only called up cause there was no alternative. Manders was one of the first people picked ;)

Hartley was getting groomed for World Cup. Begbie told, Hartley is a part of WC plan and there fore he did not wanted him to get there early. I told him, atleast let him get some experiences :p so he called Hartley before WC.

What a beast he is becoming, hopefully you can afford his increase in wages coming your way.

Yeah I'm a bit worried about that. Hopefully I won't have to stop his training or sell him. I've only got 3 mil which is a bit of a worry.

I would stop him at masterful unless you plan on taking him to NT. Not much benefit in having a player between masterful and elite.

definitely look at the secondaries if money is becoming an issue. Concentration starts to add quite a few $k at that level.

Bhasin Shana - 22 yo, BT Rating=92,908
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a destructive player with mediocre leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has strong batting form, mediocre bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: exceptional Concentration: wonderful
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: remarkable
Fielding: respectable

Nice way to end the season :D

Brian Myirha - 19 yo, BT Rating=28,489
RH Batsman, RF Bowler. He is a cautious player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has feeble batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: superb Concentration: strong
Bowling: worthless Consistency: proficient
Fielding: respectable

Zat Furlong
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: proficient Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: woeful

Joseph Hluphwize
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: feeble

Two pops this week, happy with Furlong's(18) training but not sure how long I should keep Huplo and Vivvy training who are both 19. I don't have any other trainee's so I guess there is no harm in keeping them in training?

Well considering you have no ITS, keep them going how they are till the end of the season and see what sort of YP you get next season with ITS and make the decision then.

Morne is coming along nicely, might start slotting him into the 1XI when it is matches I can win with 1 batsman missing :)

26.Nick Morne - 18 yo, BT Rating=9,746
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a destructive player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal

Surmon popped to miraculous concentration today, so at the end of his training he finishes masterful/miraculous, oh and he's expensive.

Getting such a good YP as Foley has really thrown a spanner in the works for me. These are my trainee's in mind:

7.Darren Ingham - 20 yo, BT Rating=51,805
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a destructive player with woeful leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has strong batting form, strong bowling form and moderate fitness.

Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: superb Concentration: strong
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: quality

8.Ian Stamp - 22 yo, BT Rating=49,615
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a steady player with respectable leadership skills and competent experience.
He currently has strong batting form, proficient bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: mediocre Concentration: competent
Bowling: strong Consistency: exceptional
Fielding: proficient

11.Carlton Manders - 20 yo, BT Rating=70,026
RH Batsman, LFM Bowler. He is a destructive player with feeble leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: worthless Concentration: feeble
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: wonderful
Fielding: wonderful

26.Nick Morne - 18 yo, BT Rating=9,746
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a destructive player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless

Pete Foley - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,084
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a destructive player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Bowling: competent Consistency: respectable
Fielding: abysmal

Now until I pulled Foley it was:

Manders: 1 x bowling
Ingham: 1 x stamina, 1 x bowling, 1 x fielding and 1 x bowling
Stamp: 2 bowling
Morne: 1 x stam, 1 x bat, 1 x field

I'm thinking of doing this now though:

Manders: 1 x bowling
Ingham: 1 x stamina, 1 x bowling, 1 x fielding and 1 x bowling
Foley: 1 x bowling, 1 x fielding
Morne: 1 x stam, 1 x bat, 1 x field

Would rotate the stamina net between Foley and Morne till Ingham is superb stamina, then give them both a stamina net each and stop Stamp's training. Thoughts?

I would say take off Mander's net and give it to Foley. 2 bowling nets on Foley is worth more than 1 on Mander...

My pops for the week:

Mo-mo Liddlelow - 18 yo, BT Rating=17,598
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a steady player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has superb batting form, strong bowling form and moderate fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: feeble
Bowling: proficient Consistency: feeble
Fielding: worthless

Santosh Parol - 18 yo, BT Rating=8,861
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler. He is a steady player with superb leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, strong bowling form and fresh fitness.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: feeble
Bowling: respectable Consistency: feeble
Fielding: worthless

Stamina pops as expected.

Liddlelow goes to 2 bat, 2 bowl and a field.

Parol on 2 bat, 1 stam, 1 bowl, 1 field for the time being. A good 17 YO pull, and I might stop his nets completely (and sell him) or leave him on like 1 stamina net or something.

The second lot you've worked out looks good. I disagree with what Zorax said with regards to Manders, you are going to need a star bowler in III otherwise you will struggle.

1 bowling net on Manders means he only pops by the end of the season. The skill increases are minute.

2 bowling nets on Foley is the difference between 1 and 2 and a halfish pops in a season.

So in the long term sense, 2 on Foley is more worthwhile, even if one on Manders helps in the short run.

Ankur Battacharya - 18 yo, BT Rating=18,569
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler. He is a cautious player with competent leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and fresh fitness.

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: strong
Fielding: abysmal

Just Batting and Stamina nets continue...

Jacob Sutherland - 18 yo, BT Rating=14,790
LH Batsman, LF Bowler. He is a steady player with superb leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, strong bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: competent
Bowling: proficient Consistency: respectable
Fielding: mediocre

Just Stamina nets continue...

Users who are viewing this thread