Transfer Thread

Nope. 450-500 to me. Good stamina and concentration, but he isn't an allrounder/keeper. But still, his stamina may have driven up his price (With FC games around the corner)

Well, he was going for about ?501,000, but the deadline finished at 01:30 local time. No way was I going to be awake till then, so I bid ?600,000. I think he is as good as Udabadalawa was, even considering the age difference. Now, I still have ?400,000 in the bank. This guy just hit a fifty in his debut game for me, so I'm quite pleased. His wage (?1500) also tells me that he is mid-proficient.

Another guy bought with the 1 million in the bank:

Phil Matthews - 22 yo, BT Rating=5,979
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, competent bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with proficient leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
Bowling: respectable Consistency: competent
Fielding: abysmal

I bought him for ?128,000. I think this is a really good deal, especially as his wage suggests that he is very close to proficient. The stamina needs a bit of improving. I bought him mainly because he is a spinner. I now have two spinners. He'll play on dusty pitches instead of my proficient medium pacer, with same stamina but mediocre consistency. He gives me good depth in my squad. What do you think- was he worth it or am I just wasting money with the players I have bought?

Nah, they are OK. Matthews is a good deal, I think you payed too much for the batter.

I have the following players for sale:

Billy Mpumelele
Ted Lonergan
Rich Nguyen-lee
Karl Deane

Ignore Westwood as he is new comer to the prestigious club of the TT Lions youth pulls...and is likely to take up a career in the fast-food industry :)

Code:
Rich Nguyen-lee (48429) 
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, proficient batting form, superb bowling form, sublime 
A cautious player with respectable leadership skills and worthless experience. 

Plays For: TT Lions 
Nationality: England 
Battrick Rating: 3,058 
Wages: ?436 p/w 

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: woeful 
Batting: mediocre Concentration: feeble 
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: woeful 
Fielding: woeful
Come one, come all! Hurry up and place your bids, as he is already going for 50,000!

Simon Dawson is also now up for sale, as a certain William Connely joins the TT Lions...

Mpumelele, Deane, Nguyen-lee and Lonergan have all been sold for a total sum of 53,000.

Code:
Simon Dawson (357058) 
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, sublime 
A destructive player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience. 

Plays For: TT Lions 
Nationality: Australia 
Battrick Rating: 4,265 
Wages: ?299 p/w 

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal 
Batting: feeble Concentration: mediocre 
Bowling: feeble Consistency: feeble 
Fielding: feeble
Going for 10,000. Hurry up and place your bids.

Code:
[COLOR=SlateGray]Leon Atherton-ham[/COLOR] [URL=http://www.battrick.org/nl/playerDetails.asp?playerID=349466](349466)[/URL] 
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, mediocre batting form, strong bowling form, sublime 
A steady player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience. 

[B]Plays For:[/B] [COLOR=Sienna]TT Lions[/COLOR] 
[B]Nationality:[/B] Australia 
[B]Age:[/B] 19 Years Old 
[B]Battrick Rating:[/B] 5,873 
[B]Wages:[/B] ?297 p/w 

[COLOR=SlateGray]Stamina:[/COLOR] mediocre [COLOR=SlateGray]Wicket Keeping:[/COLOR] feeble 
[COLOR=SlateGray]Batting:[/COLOR] woeful [COLOR=SlateGray]Concentration:[/COLOR] respectable 
[COLOR=SlateGray]Bowling:[/COLOR] feeble [COLOR=SlateGray]Consistency:[/COLOR] mediocre 
[COLOR=SlateGray]Fielding:[/COLOR] mediocre

Up for sale now! A pretty good bowler, very useful batsman down the order and a tidy fielder. Hurry and place your bids now!!

Oh, and Simon Dawson (Listed above) is now going for 11,000! Hurry up before they are gone!
EDIT: Well, Dawson has been sold, but Atheron-ham is still up for grabs! C'mon, 10 wickets at 27.1 and and economy of 4.52 this season! He's a steal! A bid has even been placed on him already!

Last edited:
Code:
[COLOR=SlateGray]Keith Andrews (111398)[/COLOR] 
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime 
A steady player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience. 

[B]Plays For[/B]: [COLOR=Sienna]TT Lions[/COLOR] 
[B]Nationality[/B]: England 
[B]Age[/B]: 21 Years Old 
[B]Battrick Rating[/B]: 5,589 
[B]Wages[/B]: ?908 p/w 

[COLOR=SlateGray]Stamina:[/COLOR] mediocre [COLOR=SlateGray]Wicket Keeping:[/COLOR] worthless 
[COLOR=SlateGray]Batting:[/COLOR] feeble [COLOR=SlateGray]Concentration:[/COLOR] woeful 
[COLOR=SlateGray]Bowling:[/COLOR] respectable [COLOR=SlateGray]Consistency:[/COLOR] woeful 
[COLOR=SlateGray]Fielding:[/COLOR] abysmal

Bought for 163,201. not bad ay? Can bat a bit too...

I know, and I intend to improve his secondaries next season when he is 22 or when he is 23.

To Update everyone - Leon Atheron-ham is already going for 3K!! Place your bids now!!

Users who are viewing this thread