Transfer Thread

omg, I am above JJ3 in the rankings! Shows what a bad team the Preston Pansies are :D

However, lets face it. I am the worst team in the PC Battrick League (Come on, I was beaten by The Spin! No offence ;) ). I have not won a single game. My position in the rankings is purely down to the inherited win from LAX.

I have saved up 180,000 and want to improve my team. I have spent 150,000 improving my stadium to gain higher revenue, but I am planning on buying a couple of decent players.

I have singled out a few players from the transfer system:

(458924)

(276752)

(495744)

(439528)

Could you post your opinions on these players, and if you would be so kind, to recommend some players (within reasonable price limits)? I am looking for anyone who will improve my team, I especially need some decent middle-order batsmen (so not sure why I searched for competent bowlers :p )

EDIT: Found a couple a decent batsmen:

(270415)

(434494)

Last edited:
18. Francis Von hoesslin (458924) - Bad secondaries. I wouldn't pay more than the current highest bid (?51,000) so I'd ignore this one if I were you.

Graeme Wharrad (276752) - Same problem. An average of 30 this season doesnt bode well. Not worth more than the current bid IMO.

Jermaine Beevers (495744) - This is a bit more like it. Decent batting and consistency. I'd bid up to ?20-?25,000 for this one.

Denis Sifiso (439528) - Average of 236 and economy of 6? Asking price ?70,000? Save your money.

EDIT -

Dan Foley (270415) - Not bad. Decent stats but a bit of a dodgy record. Depends how much you need batsmen, I'd pay up to ?75,000.

Leighton Middleton (434494) - Again, not bad, but the price is a bit high.

Last edited:
Thanks FF. Will probably go for Jermaine Beevers tomorrow anyway, because atm he is pretty cheap. Dan Foley looks to be going out of the price range I am looking at (?50,000) because I don't want to go that far into the red, will have ?16,000 at next update.

On another note, I am also selling a respectable wickie for ?10,000, I have found a better option (incidentally Hasis' Mohammed Islam):
Carl Milner (439878)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, sublime
A steady player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Challengers XI
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 4,543
Wages: ?681 p/w (?744)
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
Bowling: woeful Consistency: woeful
Fielding: feeble

Anyone else have an expert opinion?

-.- Spin you bid for Jermaine Beevers. I need him more! Surely you're not going to waste more than ?30,000 on him...

I bet you do. Anyway, itwas very rude, bidding for a player I found! -.-

Found a couple more players! Will not post them here if Spin is just gonna nick them -.-

embi said:
I bet you do. Anyway, itwas very rude, bidding for a player I found! -.-

Briggsey did that to me once. How do these people end up organising everything? :p

All this bidding is driving me crazy. It's a bit like Star Wars when you think about it. Darth Vader is always doing Emperor Palpatine's bidding. So Briggsey and Chez, get me to do all your bidding for you! :)
Just thought of popping in here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Duff is in the one place on the entire forums where I have more power than him! :p

I think you should stay on topic young man! :):D

So back onto the topic of transfers, who is doing the latest transfer?

Last edited by a moderator:
duffarama said:
I think you should stay on topic young man! :):D

So back onto the topic of transfers, who is doing the latest transfer?
We prefer not to disclose our transfers on here as it usually ends up with someone going in for them! Its only the average/poor players that the poor teams bid for that get shown on here, right Spin and embi? ;)

I have never given any of my players on this thread before i have sealed the deal.

I wouldnt call my team poor, its just not that rich

And Duff, stop telling me what to do, im sure this post wasnt quite on topic either
All this bidding is driving me crazy. It's a bit like Star Wars when you think about it. Darth Vader is always doing Emperor Palpatine's bidding. So Briggsey and Chez, get me to do all your bidding for you!
Just thought of popping in here.
:p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread