Transmission layoffs

angryangy

ICC Chairman
They must have made a lot of cash recently from AC09, "sharing is caring" is not a sentiment that is shared in the corporate world.
That's a bit excessive. Sure they get money to do the work, but by the time of release that's work that has already been done. Months of wages, electricity bills and coffee need to be accounted for somehow.

Layoffs are an unfortunate reality of the industry, where the nature of the work is sporadic. However, such staff can be rehired, resurrecting a bankrupt studio is much harder. That they have to make layoffs when they have no work is at least a sign that they're not some invulnerable cookie cutter factory. If they were then you could really start to waffle on about the corporate world.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They have not axed the Ashes team, I'm almost certain of that. I read somewhere that they have a 3 year contract for the Ashes game (in some interview with TG CEO) so given that AC09 was 2 years in development, they probably have another release scheduled.

They had 135 people employed on the Tuesday previous to the layoffs; and according the Gamespot AU as told by TG themselves had given 28 people the flick not 20 ...

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I hope Jamie Firth has been shown the door, all his lies and blatent non understanding of cricket and how to produce a good cricket game is just a joke. The game is very poor, test cricket slogging, twenty20 defensive shots, batsmen not playing to situations the list goes on.

I wanna see someone on the team who has played cricket, had the experience, and most of all is passionate about the game, not some random long haired shelf stacker from tescos who thinks cricket is like baseball!

Thankyou.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
I hope Jamie Firth has been shown the door, all his lies and blatent non understanding of cricket and how to produce a good cricket game is just a joke. The game is very poor, test cricket slogging, twenty20 defensive shots, batsmen not playing to situations the list goes on.

I wanna see someone on the team who has played cricket, had the experience, and most of all is passionate about the game, not some random long haired shelf stacker from tescos who thinks cricket is like baseball!

Thankyou.
Harsh.

Jamie doesn't work for Transmission anyway - he works for Codemasters.

x Punjabi Killa

Club Cricketer

Thankyou.

How did they pick beta testers? I am number 1 ranked on Xbox 360 and I did not get an invitation.

x Punjabi Killa

Club Cricketer
Yeah why not stevie, lol. I thought if there were weakness/problems in the game then I would know about them. I also have some great ideas for the game.

javs52

School Cricketer
ohh i'm disappointed they are already coming with cricket 10?

why not make it world cup cricket '11 spend another six months and give us a solid game, great fielding, great commentary, etc etc

D

Dutch

How did they pick beta testers? I am number 1 ranked on Xbox 360 and I did not get an invitation.

What about me!????:)

I was joint seventeen in the Twenty20 bowlers wicket takers chart for over a week! Yes, a week! (Well it was six days to be honest but if you count the time difference it was nearly a week!):)

Did I get an invite? No I didn't! Hugely surprised because I was convinced that would have been enough to be invited!:)

I also didn't receive an invitation to Rob's birthday even though I bought this game more than a month ago. What is going on? Admin? Anybody?:)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I also didn't receive an invitation to Rob's birthday even though I bought this game more than a month ago. What is going on? Admin? Anybody?
You needed eleventy-six wickets for threven runs.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
ohh i'm disappointed they are already coming with cricket 10?

why not make it world cup cricket '11 spend another six months and give us a solid game, great fielding, great commentary, etc etc

Because they don't need to. The core is, by and large, in place. All they need to do is work on the animations, sound and shovel in a whole ton of extra game mods, including a custom tournament editor and a nets mode.

They can work on some more revolutionary stuff, such as new control methods of batting/bowling for Ashes 2011.

Users who are viewing this thread