Trescothick goes home!

evertonfan said:
So your just going to just brush Collingwood/Bell/Cook to one side after all they have done for us this summer?!

As ive said all the time leading up to the series, my team would be;

Tresco
Strauss
Cook
Bell
Pietersen
Flintoff
Read
Giles
Hoggard
Harmison
Panesar

It has just changed a little bit, as i think Giles might be good for us in Australia if he is fit!

Collingwood is a good player yes! In my opinion, at this moment, if i had to send out 11 men, id send out;

Cook
Strauss
Bell
Collingwood
Pietersen
Flintoff
Read
Giles
Hoggard
Harmison
Panesar

But i still think we need a player like Key to strengthen our openers with the absense of Vaughan, they are both similar players.

Collingwood would interchange with Bell in my opinion, we have about 13 players who could get a starting place but theres room for 11!

I dont think Jimmy Saj or Colly will be in the first test, i could and most probably am wrong!

Jimmy has Fletch's backing (and we all know what that means :rolleyes:) and he bowled well against NSW so I think he's pretty much a shoe-in for Birsbane.

Whoops! Thought it was the Ashes thread when I posted. :p

On the Tres issue though, I think playing with Somerset for half of a season will do him a world of good becuase if he doesn't feel up to playing for Somerset, it won't be as high profile as pulling out on England will it?

I think if i was in his position, and this is me talking in a straight frame of mind!

Id stay well clear of Cricket for a good month or two, and maybe join up with a Australia university side if he feels up to leaving home, its low profile, plus itll help his fitness for the English season... If i was Tresco, id stick away from Internationals until the English summer returns

It's quite a blow losing Tres, hes ones guy that could take it to the Aussie opening bowlers while also staying in there to give England that platform they need for a big total. Hope he gets better soon.

Definatley a huge blow but his health is the most important thing.

Get Well soon Marcus.

Am I the only one who thinks that Owais Shah should be the one to replace Trescothick in the squad? I'm not saying he should go straight into the lineup but he should definitely be in the squad now.

Key has had a terrible season as Kev knows only too well (it's hard being a Kent fan :p) and Joyce is Irish. ;)

Or your a bit cynical if you don't James :p It can't be form based, going by the re-selection of Jones, Trescos done everything right :D

I reckon what was reported in the article is correct, why would the media/fans want to try and tear that up anymore. If he had said family/personal reasons then you would see some speculation but not when they have come out openly and said it's due to stress.

This is just getting worse. I think it's a true shame, not just to England and to Trescothick but to the entire series. Another key England player out.

I have been saying for a while to give Joyce a go, not that my Middlesex bias has anything to do with it, but I do feel a little for Shah. Didn't do anything wrong in his only test match, and yet hasn't been given another look in.

JamesyJames3 said:
I think you're all a bit naiive if you think this is all about a mental illness.

What do you think it is then?

PS: Has anyone seen the first photos of Tres back home? He looks like he's been running back to back Marathons in the Himalayas.

Users who are viewing this thread