Trescothick Retires from International Cricket

That's sad news. I feel for Tresco. I'm guessing he's got Bipolar and that's not something you can get rid of overnight. Good luck in the future to him. :thumbs

Had been coming for a long time. Great player and a fantastic servant for English cricket in his performances and his attitide whilst in the side. He'll definitely be missed. It's only a shame that he couldn't play till a 'normal' retirement age as I am sure he would have gone down as one of the best English batters in recent decades. Best of luck getting past this Stress related disorder and that.

Jesus!!!One more Down...What happens to Cricketers these days????
Great cricketers living cricket...Well If you see Current England Openers then Tresko is the only name you can think to replace..
Great Cricketer..Wish him luck for future..

He was probably englands most consistent performer in the ashes 2005.

No he wasn't, Pietersen scored more runs and finished with a higher average. He's a quality player though, and I never felt that he would ever make a return to the side. Maybe this will end the speculation of England dropping players from the ODi team to facilitate for Tresco. He's clearly unwell, and needs to focus his intentions on getting better, and playing some serious cricket for Somerset. Top player, shame that his time has past.

It's really sad to see him go because he was a pleasure to watch when in full flow. He also got Strauss going which is something none of the current England players have managed to do on a consistent basis.

Could we soon see a move to the ICL, perhaps?

Real shame tresco retired from england.

would have been nice to see him and cook open the innings and have vaughan drop down to 3.

he has been a reall class batsmen for us,shame he's decided to pack it in

thanks for everything treco....

i think he deserves one last standing ovation:clap

Last edited:
Great player, great shame. England's best opener in both forms of the game. I never thought I'd see him return and we'd been playing without him for nigh on 2 years. Still, massive shame. Just hope he recovers.

I think he's done the right thing. I didn't think I'd see him back for England after last years Ashes, let alone him pulling out of the UAE tour that Somerset are on. He deserves to play with no pressure of England worries and I think we'll see him reach an even higher level down at Somerset in the coming years, with no pressure and a chance to really enjoy his cricket.

well horrible news for england fans and the team he was a great player and one of the best england opening batsman they will miss him for sure

Users who are viewing this thread