Truly Disgraceful Behaviour

Yes it is they have a right to be angry.
Surely you're joking? There is no way in hell that violence is the solution to someone's anger. Write a letter FFS.

jordox said:
Part of the reason soccer has this whole violent side to it is the sheer size of the sport. Of course AFL and NRL aren't going to get that sort of insane reaction, they are tiny sports that most people don't care at all about. Soccer on the other hand, is the world's biggest game. More fans=more violent fans.
First off AFL is the biggest sport in Australia in terms of attendance, and yet you don't see people bashing each other and the police up when their team plays badly. Secondly, rugby league is not only quite popular in Australia but also in a few other countries as well. Soccer is the one that not many people care about if you're talking about Australia.

And as for the A-League fans, a lot of them are from overseas, the same thing happened with the NSL. The problem is that often there's a turf war between people from opposing nations. Yes there are stupid Aussies but the fact is Australian sports don't have these massive brawls/fighting. Violence in the A-League has really started up.

We're just lucky we don't have too play Brazillian teams, they just get a load of guns and have a proper riot

I don't think there'll be as much trouble as people think in Moscow, there won't be as many fans without tickets because of the whole visa thing and the ticket now is the visa.

they were going to f****** knife any Catholics and rip their throats out. On the way back on the train this evening, half of the carriages were full of drunken fans looking for a fight. I can honestly say that I have never felt so scared for my safety as I did this afternoon. I can only say it is lucky I am not Catholic as there were a couple of Celtic fans on the train and they got heckled of the train before it was their stop and I expect if they had stayed on for 10 more minutes they would have been knifed.
I must say I have never felt so ashamed to be classed as a Scot. There were fans boasting that the English poofs could not get them beer fast enough and that they should know of the reputation of Scots for drinking and fighting. All I can say is I can't wait to get out of Scotland as soon as possible as it appears the stigma of the Scot with the beer belly looking for a fight is truly, alive and kicking.

The do believe rangers are anti- catholic. Thats why I go for Celtic and its why I never have gone to a soccer match with Celtic. Merely because of the brutes of the Ranger fans. Its this old Catholic v England thing that goes back to the Irish v England business.

Yes it is they have a right to be angry.

I said they have a right to be angry not to resort to violence.
You've contradicted yourself there, in one post you said they have a right to attack police officers, in the other you said they haven't got a right to resort to violence.

Yeah, the Russian police will be more heavy-handed than over here, but I doubt it will stop all trouble.

You know Phil, a lot of people are able to get angry without having to kick in a policeman...

So? Aren't I allowed to be the devil's advocate? :D
:p

In his first post CDM condoned kicking a policeman because they were angry. I wasn't saying that being angry meant you had to do that, I'd have been angry myself with what happened with the screen, but that doesn't condone what they did.

Yer it was bad but try fixing it is now over. It happened let it rest, instead of arguing who is to blame people should be concentrating on how to prevent something like this happening again.

PS how can aussies complain we all know they're a bunch of convicts :P

First off AFL is the biggest sport in Australia in terms of attendance, and yet you don't see people bashing each other and the police up when their team plays badly. Secondly, rugby league is not only quite popular in Australia but also in a few other countries as well. Soccer is the one that not many people care about if you're talking about Australia.

It's funny when australian's try to defend their sports..

To put it into perspective..

There are more soccer fans than there are Australian's. You see my point now? AFL is small time. Let the proper countries opinion count now though :p We shouldn't be bothering.

Last edited by a moderator:
It beats being a bunch of illiterate morons.

wot r u torking abowt!

This thread is going a wee bit off topic so I'd like to remind people the thread is on the behaviour of sports fans not the merits of any particular sport. If you really believe AFL is a better sport than football then start a new thread and see how many people who don't live in Victoria agree with you.

Users who are viewing this thread