Tutsi's A.I. Patches

tutsi - i have noticed one potential problem with the patch. I get a lot of edges if I pitch the ball short and the batsman defends it on the back foot. the edges go anywhere from the keeper to even gully or backward point . I noticed it in the last test but thought it was from my "brilliant " bowling .. but I managed to bowl Paksitan out again on a dry pitch with 7 wickets to zaheer khan.
India now have to chase 187 with more than 5 sessions to go.

However this doesnt mean that it was easy as Pakistan lasted a full 101 overs in the first innings and 75 overs in the second. Also, this is more with defensive batsmen and tail enders. The aggressive batsmen never defend short balls(razzaq hooked me for 6 out of the ground!). I wanted to draw your attention to this before you release the final version
Has anyone else noticed this?

well i don't wanna rush and make any sudden changes to the patch coz as if now its as close to perfection as i can imagine.

so IF it is really a BIG problem then let me know again and i'll surely do sumthing about it.

These edges are without sams exe . The reason that I brought this up was that these edges were on dry and dusty pitches in hot conditions. I dont know if this will be a bigger issue on green pitches or under overcast conditions.

tutsi, how bout camera angles, i was wondering, if anybody could make the camera setting like BLIC camera style is?

looking forward for the patch man :)

India squandered a great start and are now struggling at 71/5 and need to score 186 to win the test match, I was actually done in by a a few very dismissals. a leg glance by gambhir went uppishly and to fine leg. another leg glance by tendulkar went uppishly to backward square leg. i ran dravid out and sehwag and ganguly were out lbw to the yorker. laxman and karthik now have to save the match for india. for the first time i am actually looking at losing a test match!!!

Fantastic match.... India won with one wicket in hand and the final total 194/9 in a low scoring match. The other interesting thing was the different variety of dismissals. Several ball tended to go uppishly , even though it was a regular shot and this made it easier for the cpu to get wickets. I guess some of the shots have been tweaked , as the sweep shot produced a variety of strokes for me.. some went fine , some went uppishly , some took the top edge. Good stuff. Very exciting test match despite being low scoring. Although it was very easy to bat initially the wickets tended to fall in groups which made it difficult. Karthik scored 59 no and zaheer 25 no to see india to victory

Hey tutsi, i think your wish to move the batsman up and down is going to be realised to reality by Sam's new exe. Read's Sam thread for the new features. It simply blows one off his seat!

Gr8 match Ashwin.. How many days did it take to finish it??

ashwinkm said:
Fantastic match.... India won with one wicket in hand and the final total 194/9 in a low scoring match. The other interesting thing was the different variety of dismissals. Several ball tended to go uppishly , even though it was a regular shot and this made it easier for the cpu to get wickets. I guess some of the shots have been tweaked , as the sweep shot produced a variety of strokes for me.. some went fine , some went uppishly , some took the top edge. Good stuff. Very exciting test match despite being low scoring. Although it was very easy to bat initially the wickets tended to fall in groups which made it difficult. Karthik scored 59 no and zaheer 25 no to see india to victory

yea amazing match i must say. i hope u liked the patch.

saisrini80 said:
Hey tutsi, i think your wish to move the batsman up and down is going to be realised to reality by Sam's new exe.

yea i was about to say the same thing.....i think he read my idea and though about making it possible. thnx sam.

I finished the match after tea on the 4th day. And yes tutsi the patch was fantastic. I really enjoyed it .I especially liked the way the shots have been tweaked so the dismissals have been varied i.I used to only get out to the yorker before , but now a lot more dismissals are possible.

yo guys........

now i'm a bit confused as to what to do.

i have the most of the aspects of the patch ready. but i don't know what to do.

i've got a feeling that a BETA version of the sam's FINAL EXE will be released with 2-3 days.

so i'm thinking what to do.....release my patch before that? OR

Wait for it and then make the neccessary changes to the swing, seam, spin & EDGES to suit the game with SAM'S exe?

I NEED ALL OF U TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

Even though Sam's beta version of the final exe releases, you keep releasing ur patch as u do so now for people without sam's new exe. Not everyone would be using this beta version of sam's patch until it is tested extensively and is said to work well. Do one thing - release ur patch now before sam's exe and then after testing sam's exe, if it is good, then release ur patch to suit his exe (that too, one for his beta and one normal!)

Even With out your patch tutsi,people would swing The ball using sam's exe which is comming out.I mean why would you do that,members can also use your patch and use the sams patch and swing the ball,

fardin said:
Even With out your patch tutsi,people would swing The ball using sam's exe which is comming out.I mean why would you do that,members can also use your patch and use the sams patch and swing the ball,

it seems you didnt understand what tutsi meant..

if one can swing the ball without any patch with sam's new beta exe, then with tutsi's patch, the swing will become more and may be too hard for the players to play.. so if tutsi gets his hand on sam's exe and see how the swing, seam, edges, etc are, then he can accordingly make the necessary changes to his patch to keep the realism of the game going!!!

Users who are viewing this thread