Tutsi's A.I. Patches

well, i use tutsi's patch and without the cursor too..its realistic. the thing is..when we bat for real..we will not know where the bowler is going to bowl. So it makes it tough but also realistic int he game without the cursor.

Hey Tutsi, just found that your beta also works very well with Sam's exe.

I think Sam has made a superb effort in correcting the swing and seam movement. Your patches seem to work very well even with his new exe. Anyways, send me the patch and I will test it.

Your patch is really more challenging Tutsi great work but there is to me a yorker bug in that it is almost impossible to defend or even score off a yorker on the off or middle stump.

West Indies 32 said:
Your patch is really more challenging Tutsi great work but there is to me a yorker bug in that it is almost impossible to defend or even score off a yorker on the off or middle stump.

Against any kind of bowler....

Take a Stance a bit outside leg stump.

For yorker on off/middle stump, play the front-foot off-drive shot.

For yorkers on leg stump, DEFEND them.

Try it and let me know.

ashwinkm - i dunno if ur ready to test my BETA patch coz i guess ur finding it hard to play the game with Sam's NEW EXE, and i need testers who can test the patch with that EXE. So i think i'll leave the testing job for saisrini80 for now.

saisrini80 - PM me ur mail id where i can send u the BETA.

This is the review of the Pre-Released BETA Ver. 8.0 Patch.........By saisrini80

Hey Tutsi, here is a review of your patch on Hard Level. I have played the first 15 overs so far.

India (user) vs Australia (CPU) in Australia on Normal wicket

Australia 82/4 after 15 overs

This is really better than the previous beta patch. Since I am playing with the Sam's new v1.2 Beta exe, I feel I am getting more wickets that what is normally used to. It is swinging really well for Nehra but I didnt pick any wickets of the swinging deliveries. Adam Gilchrist was attacking superbly before he played a lofted shot and was caught at mid off for 42 off 38 balls.

Australia scored 40/0 off 5 overs, 61/3 after 10 overs and 82/4 after 15 overs. So, the pacing is perfect! I gave 40 runs off the first 5 overs because I was getting accustomed to the cursor which was a bit fast for me. But thats fine because its challenging placing the cursot at the right spot.

If you can reduce the swing a bit for the fast bowlers, it would be even better. This many wickets would not have fallen inside the first 15 overs. Perfect patch!!!

I bought Harbhajan in the 6th over because Zaheer Khan was taken to the cleaners. Harbhajan has bowled 5 overs for 24 runs and has picked 3 wickets. Nehra has bowled 5 overs for 23 runs and picked up 1 wicket. Zaheer bowled 3 overs for 31 runs and picked no wickets!

The aggression is very good for the CPU in the first 15 overs. It was due to my field placings that I picked up catches in the outfield.

Hey saisrini80 u can post the review of the patch here only. Also i find BOSS'S Fields Ver. 2 patch to work very good with my patch as i use it personally so maybe u can test the patch those fields.

Last edited:
tutsipoppy2 said:
Hey saisrini80 u can post the review of the patch here only. Also i find BOSS'S Fields Ver. 2 patch to work very good with my patch as i use it personally so maybe u can test the patch those fields.

Ok tutsi. I thought that since this patch has not been released yet, i mite not need to post the review here..

From now on, I will post my review here itself!

tutsipoppy2 said:
thnx man.....waiting for the next part of ur review.

Here is the next part of my review

UPDATE at 25 overs - Australia 130/6

I am sure this time the wickets did not come from swinging deliveries but due to the AI's aggressive nature. There were some shots which the AI lofted. Some did not carry but some did and thats how I got those 2 wickets after the first 15 overs. Ponting was caught at deep mid off boundary going for the boundary.

Andrew Symonds stepped out to a Kumble googly and completely missed the line to be stumped by Dhoni. Actualy I am very impressed that this time, the cpu didnt charge the spinners too much and also when they charged, most of the time they connected with the ball.

Regarding the run rate, I loved the cpu mixing caution with aggression once the 15 over restriction was over. They tried to milk singles and at the same time, tried to hit a few shots. The best shot was by Micheal Clarke when Yuvraj bowled a slightly wide ball on Clarke's legs and Clarke swept it superbly to square leg boundary!

But still I maintain, this is a much better patch than the previous one and if not for Sam's beta exe, it would be a superb patch!!!

ANOTHER UPDATE - Australia 133/7

There seems to be a small problem. Zaheer Khan bowled a straight delivery that was off a good length and I brought the ball marker down to the right side of the seam and then bowled at almost full speed. The batsman left the ball totally and was bowled. Why is this happening again? Normally when the BatWindowIdealSize is 1.0, this happens frequently whenever straight deliveries are bowled. Now, it happens less frequently but this should be removed as no batsman would leave a straight delivery on his stumps.

Should you increase the BatWindowIdealSize Tutsi??

Last edited:
tutsipoppy2 said:
well it never happened with me man, try the thing a couple fo times more and see if it happens again n again.

Yeah, tried it again. It still exists and looks to be frequent with the tail enders. The better the batsman, the more equipped to face those straight deliveries. The tail ender is not able to face any delivery that is a bit close to the stumps. He just leaves it instead of trying to defend it or play a shot.

UPDATE - Australia 152 all out!

I have bowled out Australia for 152 runs. I got the last two wickets through that bug I mentioned above. Gillespie left a straight delivery from Khan and was bowled. Mc Grath left a straight delivery and was LBW to Khan again. Micheal Clarke was run out for 26 when he hit the ball straight to the man positioned between mid on and deep mid on and ran for a risky single and was run out.

I am starting to bat. Will post more updates!

UPDATE - India 16/0 after 3 overs

This is really fun to play. Very challenging batting. With Sam's beta exe where the cursor is not displayed, its really really challenging. And the cursor delay is reduced from the Line up bug fix exe and so the cursor gets displayed a fraction of a second earlier than how it was in that exe. So, its not too tough but challenging. You now cannot easily play the lofted shot or the advance slog shot.

Now to the review of Tutsi's patch, not much scored off the bat. Got a wide ball which got me 5 runs and then got a bye which gave me 4 runs. So, 9 runs only scored off the bat in 3 overs. Mc Grath is getting unusual swing and seam off the wicket. The bye which got me 4 runs was a big seaming delivery that pitched outside off stump and then seamed way down the leg side and missed the keeper. I think Tutsi, you should reduce the swing and seam by some amount for this patch to suit Sam's beta exe.

More UPDATES - India 40/0 off 6 overs

Sam's beta exe has not dealt with the byes problem at all. Lots and lots of byes going through. India have scored only 21 runs off the bat with the rest being byes. Now, bowlers giving lots of byes even on Normal wickets.

I think it is best to play this patch with the Normal Line up bug fix and run out exe's and wait till Sam tweaks his beta exe and releases his full version exe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread