TV Series General Discussion

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Watched all of Community. Loved the first season and I liked the route they took in season 2 but the third season was just disappointing. I read that the creator of the show has left but it's going to continue. I'll probably still give it a go but I hope that they go back to the season 1 style though.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
I thought the 3rd season was great, it was very varied and much more of a gamble than the first two but i'd say they pulled most of them off

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I know it's not always the best thing to watch one episode and take judgement, but is the rest of Community better than the pilot? Didn't enjoy the pilot at all.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
I know it's not always the best thing to watch one episode and take judgement, but is the rest of Community better than the pilot? Didn't enjoy the pilot at all.

for some people yes. Others like it straight form the pilot, but i'd say about half of the people I know who like it say it took them 4-5 episodes to really enjoy it.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Done with Breaking Bad. Wonderful season finale, in fact, the entire season was brilliant unlike Season 2. Bryan Cranston and the guy who portrays Saul Goodman = \m/

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Done with Breaking Bad. Wonderful season finale, in fact, the entire season was brilliant unlike Season 2. Bryan Cranston and the guy who portrays Saul Goodman = \m/

I thought "Dexter owns it":p?

Saul Goodman is portrayed very well, but seriously, in the supporting cast, you can't look past Giancarlo Esposito as Gus and Aaron Paul as Jesse. One of those two will win the emmy.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Dexter still owns it anyday, in my opinion. Seen it's Season finale? You'd wish September 31 would come soon enough!

Yeah, Gus is an outstanding actor as well, but Jesse sort of bores me tbh.

Done with the Game Of Thrones now. 10 more months before the next season's aired. Damn!

Seriously though - Dexter, Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad are 3 of the finest TV series I've come across. Glad that I'm done with all of them, and sad that I've now got to endure a long break before their respective new seasons get underway:

Breaking Bad Season 5 - July 2012 (first 8 episodes)
Dexter Season 7 - September 31, 2012
Breaking Bad Season 5 - Jan 2013 (final 8 episodes)
Game of Thrones Season 3 - April 2013

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Don't watch Dexter as my mates that have seen it say it's awful and it doesn't interest me as much as other shows at this stage.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Are your mates afraid of blood? :rolleyes It's one of the best shows I have seen.

Meh. Seven seasons though so it'll take a while to watch. May just wait till I'm on holiday at the end of the year and watch it if it's that good.

I've heard online that it's been declining recently. Like it should've ended ages ago.

Gurjot95

National Board President
Season 5 was OK but you gotta watch S4 and S6. It got a twist in the end for both seasons. If you have time then also S1 for the story. Though I only started watching Dexter from S4 so even I don't know what happens in first 3 season. But man this show has got everything to watch for- Great acting with story, suspense, emotions, blood and soundtrack which you'll love. Every character fits into role perfectly. Just give it a try once. If you really wanna look at reviews too then IMDB has 9.1 user ratings for this show.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Season 5 was OK but you gotta watch S4 and S6. It got a twist in the end for both seasons. If you have time then also S1 for the story. Though I only started watching Dexter from S4 so even I don't know what happens in first 3 season. But man this show has got everything to watch for- Great acting with story, suspense, emotions, blood and soundtrack which you'll love. Every character fits into role perfectly. Just give it a try once. If you really wanna look at reviews too then IMDB has 9.1 user ratings for this show.

Yeah I'll give it a try. But after a while. I like watching shows with only a few seasons when I'm not on holiday as it gets too addicting.

Definitely sounds OK though. Not better than Breaking Bad though.

Users who are viewing this thread