TV Series General Discussion

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Better Caul Saul (currently on S6) - As much as interesting this show is, I kind of felt disappointed. When saw a clip of the show on YouTube, I was under the impression that it may involve a lot of courtroom stuff (like Suits) but most of the setting happens outside the court. Still, some great story arcs and interesting stuff made sit through the seasons.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Better Caul Saul (currently on S6) - As much as interesting this show is, I kind of felt disappointed. When saw a clip of the show on YouTube, I was under the impression that it may involve a lot of courtroom stuff (like Suits) but most of the setting happens outside the court.
The non-courtroom stuff is the most gripping for me.
This show is simply masterful and perfect. Despite being a prequel, it makes you feel so much suspense.

Bevab

Staff Member
So RoP ends on a dissatisfying note in the end. Just a meh as it meandered on. Couldn’t even watch the later episodes fully even if they were the better ones. Wonder if you @Till Valhalla watched it till the end? Can’t even find a proper place to have a discourse on the series online without it being hijacked by the people of a certain negative breed pushing agendas.

Amazing that Amazon has blown their chances on not one but two fantasy properties successively due to sheer incompetence. And the muppets did not want a series as good as Expanse to continue when the best source material is yet to be utilised there.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Better Caul Saul (currently on S6) - As much as interesting this show is, I kind of felt disappointed. When saw a clip of the show on YouTube, I was under the impression that it may involve a lot of courtroom stuff (like Suits) but most of the setting happens outside the court. Still, some great story arcs and interesting stuff made sit through the seasons.
I think Better call Saul, in my opinion has surpassed breaking bad, it's a very deliberate show and the characters make this show more than any other show in recent memory. Everything and everyone on that show was brilliant

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Each to their own.

This show is simply masterful and perfect. Despite being a prequel, it makes you feel so much suspense.
I think Better call Saul, in my opinion has surpassed breaking bad, it's a very deliberate show and the characters make this show more than any other show in recent memory. Everything and everyone on that show was brilliant
Well, I agree that it's a unique show. That Mike guy is something. Jimmy is on another level. However, one thing that I didn't find appealing was the slow paced scenes that I thought could have ended earlier.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
I didn't find appealing was the slow paced scenes that I thought could have ended earlier.
fair enough, as you said each to their own.

To me that stuff was the best part of the show, because it was during the slow stuff we got to spend more time with the characters and flesh them out even more.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Most places on the internet and elsewhere would disagree with you. Saul is good but no where close to BB. Yes its your opinion, deplorable though.

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
The Boys
I am not crazy! I know he swapped those numbers. I knew it was 1216. One after Magna Carta. As if I could ever make such a mistake. Never. Never! I just - I just couldn't prove it. He covered his tracks, he got that idiot at the copy shop to lie for him. You think this is something? You think this is bad? This? This chicanery? He's done worse. That billboard! Are you telling me that a man just happens to fall like that? No! *He* orchestrated it! Jimmy! He *defecated* through a *sunroof*! And I saved him! And I shouldn't have. I took him into my own firm! What was I *thinking*? He'll never change. He'll *never* change! Ever since he was 9, *always* the same! Couldn't keep his hands out of the cash drawer! But not our Jimmy! Couldn't be precious *Jimmy*! Stealing them blind! And *HE* gets to be a lawyer? What a sick joke! I should've stopped him when I had the chance!

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I am not crazy! I know he swapped those numbers. I knew it was 1216. One after Magna Carta. As if I could ever make such a mistake. Never. Never! I just - I just couldn't prove it. He covered his tracks, he got that idiot at the copy shop to lie for him. You think this is something? You think this is bad? This? This chicanery? He's done worse. That billboard! Are you telling me that a man just happens to fall like that? No! *He* orchestrated it! Jimmy! He *defecated* through a *sunroof*! And I saved him! And I shouldn't have. I took him into my own firm! What was I *thinking*? He'll never change. He'll *never* change! Ever since he was 9, *always* the same! Couldn't keep his hands out of the cash drawer! But not our Jimmy! Couldn't be precious *Jimmy*! Stealing them blind! And *HE* gets to be a lawyer? What a sick joke! I should've stopped him when I had the chance!
And you, you have to stop him! You…

Bevab

Staff Member
Most places on the internet and elsewhere would disagree with you. Saul is good but no where close to BB. Yes its your opinion, deplorable though.

Haven’t watched either of them (hence a neutral in a way I suppose) but I’ve seen most places on the internet vehemently agree that whilst BB is top tier tv writing, BCS is the prequel that somehow manages to top it marginally just because it is equally good with some added elements. Curious as to where you’ve seen the premise of BCS being nowhere near as good as BB (other than in the hardcore fanbase sections of BB presumably) because from my experiences online I do not think that is the case.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Haven’t watched either of them (hence a neutral in a way I suppose) but I’ve seen most places on the internet vehemently agree that whilst BB is top tier tv writing, BCS is the prequel that somehow manages to top it marginally just because it is equally good with some added elements. Curious as to where you’ve seen the premise of BCS being nowhere near as good as BB (other than in the hardcore fanbase sections of BB presumably) because from my experiences online I do not think that is the case.
To start with you really shouldnt form an opinion if you haven't watched either! Frankly its very insulting that you failed to watch those two series, certainly both would figure in most top 10s of all time

Here is what though pull some stats comparing each site, comment and thoughts on the internet and elsewhere proving that Saul is better than BB.

Bevab

Staff Member
To start with you really shouldnt form an opinion if you haven't watched either! Frankly its very insulting that you failed to watch those two series, certainly both would figure in most top 10s of all time

Here is what though pull some stats comparing each site, comment and thoughts on the internet and elsewhere proving that Saul is better than BB.

What? :lol

I'm not passing opinions on the standard or quality of either show here. The only thing I've said is that from what I have seen online is that many rate BCS better than BB and I don't get why me not watching the either of them is relevant to it when I am not the one comparing these two. I do know that they're top tier quality but I haven't got the time to invest myself into a long series these days.

Also I'm not the one who compared the either of them in the first place or said something to the words of

All I did was ask you to substantiate that and the fact that you've just gone "NO U" to it proves that you're just making this up as you always do.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
What? :lol

I'm not passing opinions on the standard or quality of either show here. The only thing I've said is that from what I have seen online is that many rate BCS better than BB and I don't get why me not watching the either of them is relevant to it when I am not the one comparing these two. I do know that they're top tier quality but I haven't got the time to invest myself into a long series these days.

Also I'm not the one who compared the either of them in the first place or said something to the words of

All I did was ask you to substantiate that and the fact that you've just gone "NO U" to it proves that you're just making this up as you always do.
Making what up? Bro get the stats and then we’ll talk further, if not then have a seat.

Users who are viewing this thread