TV Series General Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I do love the concept of space being an unwilling antagonist as that is completely true. Expanse always gets extra points for me due to it. Haven’t heard anything about the music.. the melodrama was more to do with how characters acted in their personal lives and how the show had an undue focus on it at times but I suppose it could be seen as a realistic aspect of it too haha. Might have to check it out in any case.

It would have been slightly more popular but not by much if it was more widely accessible. I’ve given up on shows that are primarily set in space with a focus on hard sci-fi ever becoming widely popular again after The Expanse never got it’s fair due. Important to remember that the US market is huge for Apple products and Apple Tv will probably still be fairly noteworthy in the upcoming years at the least. It’s not a coincidence that their two most successful shows in Ted Lasso and For All Mankind have both had American characters at the centre of the story and are very relatable for their primarily US audience.
Yeah, it has melodramatic soap opera feel but you get fleshed out characters, tension, strong relationships. I think it's the quite a flat, stock direction that hinders it. It lacks the flair other shows have. Mad Men or The Americans do much more with their time periods but they aren't also having to provide big space moments. It doesn't detract from the science fiction and the space stuff is very good. The special effects are awesome, better than The Expanse, some of the best I've seen on TV. They also blend archive footage in very well.

One thing I love is how technology develops. You get mobile phones in the 1980s, which is real, but they have a big old screen like they probably wouldn't get until the 2000s. Video calling becomes a big thing 30-40 years in advance but you have crappy resolution like an early FMV game.

A lot of sci fi can take time to find its footing. Next Gen is not good until season 3 when it starts banging out great episodes one after another until Beverly Crusher falls in love with ghost some time in season 7. Battlestar Galactica is probably one show that has an incredibly good start and now I seem to be getting through everything new it's one I might go back and watch again.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
5 episodes into Wednesday.

Really liking the show, mainly because of its general vibe. Kinda reminds me of the first eight or so episodes Riverdale, before you know, it went to shit.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Been watching For All Mankind. Alternate history story based on the idea that the Soviet Union landed on the Moon first.

It's good, some things frustrate me but finding myself easily working through it.

Recommended for fans of Star Trek, The Expanse and Battlestar Galactica (Ronald D Moore is one of the creators) or just alternate history stories.

View attachment 275042
The earlier seasons aren't my favourite, but they definitely get better as they goes on

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
TVF's Sixer.

TVF is back with another brilliant desi web series.

Must watch for every cricket lovers across India or subcontinent.
I only watched it because, well, cricket. However, I didn't really feel it matched TVF's reputation. It had a lot of predictable aspects.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I only watched it because, well, cricket. However, I didn't really feel it matched TVF's reputation. It had a lot of predictable aspects.
This is a good cricket watch. Watched it when it was on the BBC when I was younger, have never seen it repeated anywhere. Had it open as a tab, to watch, for about a year but haven't got around to it yet. I believe it has thingy from LOTR and The Matrix as Douglas Jardine.

I might take a break from Columbo to watch it today.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Watched it when it was on the BBC when I was younger, have never seen it repeated anywhere. Had it open as a tab, to watch, for about a year but haven't got around to it yet. I believe it has thingy from LOTR and The Matrix as Douglas Jardine.
what.gif

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
I was suggesting you might want to watch it, because cricket.
Are we talking about the same show? TVF's Sixer is a very recent release (if I'm not wrong) but you seem to indicate that you watched it an year ago :eek2:

B

Bigby Wolf

Agreed.

TVF has not been same like it used to be.

But its a decent watch nonetheless.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Are we talking about the same show? TVF's Sixer is a very recent release (if I'm not wrong) but you seem to indicate that you watched it an year ago :eek2:
No, there's a link attached to the 'This' at the start of the post I made :laughter: I didn't post it directly cause it would automatically show the video. I hid it too well.

Users who are viewing this thread