Ultimate Face Patch(es)

Wow. Your faces are coming along really well. I rekon that codies should come and give you some credit, because having people in the community adding contents to retail games would really help producers to come up with new and better content. This is a perfect example. I might go and learn about reskinning the faces and have a crack at some of my team (Aussie Aussie Aussie) :P So many of the generic face models are used with a small change, for example Langer / Hayden / Katich use a similar head. I like Gillies head but, and Mcgrath. They are well done. Im guessing that different skinners / modellers designed different heads, hence some appear to have more effort put into them than others.

Keep It Up :D

You can't make it stick up with that head model. The Michael Vaughan one has sticky up hair bits, but the original KP one doesn't.

Honeydo, did you change anything except the hair colour and ears? Also, what part of the game did you get that screenshot from? Was it just when he walks back from bowling?

The problem with the Michael Vaughan one is that it replaces Michael Vaughan's face, I would use James Anderson's face but A. It doesn't look anything like Pietersen B. His hair doesn't stick up like I want it to.

I changed the hair and ears but I also tried experementing with the eyes. I will change the lips and possibly nose to try and make it look more KP-ish. I think KP was showing Abdul Razzaq how to bat when I took that shot :p

Last edited:
I used actual hair from Pietersen and it looks a bit better, I changed certain aspects of it to make it look more Pieterseny :p

Attachments

• Pietersen.PNG
    Pietersen.PNG
    12.9 KB · Views: 186
I know, I know. When I try using the fielding face no matter what I do with it, it always crashes the game :(

honeydo, using someone elses face doesn't mean you have to lose the original face at all.

You can use Vaughan's head for KP and also keep Vaughan. You need to find Vaughan's head file, and then replace KP's head file with the Vaughan one. However, I've tried using Vaughan's head for KP and it doesn't look very good. Vaughan's head is too distinctive.

I've done KP now, although when he fields he doesn't wear a hat, which is no bad thing in my opinion, as it adds a bit of variation. Perhaps he'll catch better with the sun in his eyes!

@Drewska: To get a 'keeper to wear his hat, you need to replace his bowling head with his fielding head. This means that if he (or anyone else who uses his head) comes on to bowl, they will bowl with their hat on. Obviously, being wicket keepers, they are unlikely to bowl anyway.

Similarly this technique can be used to get batsman to wear caps, or nothing on their heads.

BrillianT LC! A whole new layer of realism to BLIC. Reps..

EDIT: Oh dear, my Career player (Bowler) uses Geraint jones face!!!

I've tried using other people's faces but it doesn't change the actual face model.

honeydo: You seem confused.

What you need to do is find Vaughan's head files. Let's say they are File1448 to File1450. Extract them, and then import over Pietersen's files - File1128 to File1130.

Then you can change the textures File1128 to File1130 and KP will have Vaughan's head shape.

great hair but the face is not so good , :P

Oh right, I tried changing the texture of File1148, (example), first. I see! I will now try to change the faces. Except I have to go through the games 380-odd faces :p.
EDIT: There's no use anyway, whatever fielding face I use it crashes the game :crying, I'm so frustrated.

Last edited:
You can find the players' head files by multiplying the face number (in my player Editor) by 3. That gives you the first, and then the next two after that are the other two head files.

That should save you some time.

EDIT:
I'm not sure what happens with the zero-th face number, as this doesn't seem to be listed in Baggi Studios.

I know how to get to the face number, I'm just saying that the games crashes no matter what. I tried using Michael Clarke's face for KP and the fielding face crashed.

Michael Clarke's fielding head is 785 right?

But that one is messed up as the face is shifted off to the side. Find one which isn't and it will work. I expect.

Users who are viewing this thread