Unofficial Tournament - Round 2, 3, 4 Initiated

playkid12 said:
HOW TO PLAY WITH IP:
To play with IP, you first go to www.showip.com. It will tell you your IP address there. You share that with the person you're going to play with. Then you go to brian lara cricket 2007 and open up Play Network (or something similar) and Play using IP (or something similar). Put in the other person's IP address (that person gives you it too by doing the same process).
Wouldn't the router be forwarding ports to allow that? I'll try the game this weekend but I am sure the person you are connecting with needs a port forwarded to his machine.

Alright. No more people - slots are full. I'll put up the pools later on today and find out some method to randomize it. Either that or we all can play a warm up match and base it from win/lose/runrate.

Realistic has won - it has 5 votes already. I think that's good because I'm not a fan of balanced. I'm sorry for the person that's bangladesh, but if bangladesh in real life can go and beat india, australia, and a few other countries (recently, they have)...it can be done in the game. You'll just need to bring your game up a little, but that'll only make it more challenging and fun.

I might make the pools based on the ICC World Rankings right now to make it fair, but thats not random or a warm up match that everyone plays that i said earlier. Either that or assign numbers to everyone to make it random...Feel free to voice your opinions!

siddharth2002 said:
Wouldn't the router be forwarding ports to allow that? I'll try the game this weekend but I am sure the person you are connecting with needs a port forwarded to his machine.

I was only talking about if you don't have a router. I don't know how to do it if you have a router or if you have dynamic IP. Anyway, we can play through gamespy, thats fine too. It's not only IP anymore. I noticed that more people started joining it once I made it both IP and gamespy anyway.

Also, I need everyone to post their time zone/country to avoid confusion.

Last edited:
Eastern Standard Time. So basically America east coast like New York, Virginia, etc.

(GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) for meee

Possible ways to set pools up:
- Warm up matches, base it on win/lose/runrate. This way the best players will be distributed, as will the worst players in separate pools. Probably the best way to make it even.

-Make it based on the team stats in the game. Good stats teams would be with good stats teams, bad w/ bad, etc. The problem with this approach is if there's someone really good that plays a bad team, he'll beat his pool outright and he'll have the easiest schedule.

- Randomize it completely.

I personally like the warm up match idea, but I don't want to put more than 1 or 2 warm up matches for each person. The only problem with this approach is that the pools wont be set up today.

Give me input on this and your time zone/country!!

GMT+1 here (british summer time atm)

I have updated and added the pools, along with the matchups. Please check the first post.

Demon_fire will be taken out of the tournament and replaced if he doesn't reply today.

pick me pick me!

location - sydney, australia (+10 GMT)

paul12907 said:
seems my first message didnt send properly :P

- was just wondering if demon dosnt respond in time if i could take his place in the tourney you got running?

Well I got another guy - paul12907 - who PM'd me that wants to join too. If demon_fire doesn't respond in time, you and paul12907 can play a 20 over game to decide who joins. Please post the scorecard!

I've played Paul12907 many times - decent player and good bloke - will make a good addition to the tournament.

i (as south africa) will play earlcg (new zealand) asap

I'm thinking about creating a Yahoo Group just for this tournament so its a little bit more organized. It all depends on how much free time I have.

All of these are regarded as CHEATING:
- Quitting in the middle of the match. This is NOT tolerated. If you lose your connection in the middle of the match, the person you're playing with decides your fate (rematch or you lose).
- Consistently throwing deliveries that are wide in real life but not in the game.
- Using the double bounce technique to get the batsman out LBW.
- Bowling too many yorkers (>3 per over). It's just unrealistic.
- Using ANY MAJOR glitch of the game in your favor. This does NOT include easy runs every time you hit it, byes, and overthrows.
- Spiking your ping - if the ping is good to begin with, the ping better stay good throughout the whole game. If it's bad, it better remain bad.
- The game does freeze and is full of bugs. If this happens, then its ok to restart the match.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread