Upload Limit

Black Magic

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
you cannot upload the data.gob. We didn't make it and you can't upload that kind of stuff here. The mods will remove it and you don't want that to happen to your patch

Hitterman

International Coach
you cannot upload the data.gob. We didn't make it and you can't upload that kind of stuff here. The mods will remove it and you don't want that to happen to your patch
lol i meant that how his patch can be big. god file is the biggest file there:p. I haven't told to upload gob file:p.

Black Magic

Panel of Selectors
well i dunno what he has created that 244 mb. i doubt people want something that big. You need to compress it

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I don't know if music patches can be posted, but to get the file size down, here's what you do.

Take 7zip, add to archive, use LZMA compression, 7z format and create SFX self extracting archive, and use the highest dictionary size and stuff. It'll take ages maybe to compress but it'll be well worth the wait.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
I don't know if music patches can be posted, but to get the file size down, here's what you do.

Take 7zip, add to archive, use LZMA compression, 7z format and create SFX self extracting archive, and use the highest dictionary size and stuff. It'll take ages maybe to compress but it'll be well worth the wait.
Increasing the dictionary size is not really going to help in compressing music files.
A music patch its likely to break some copyright rules but many exist in the downloads forum, so I guess its allowed these days.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Increasing the dictionary size is not really going to help in compressing music files.
A music patch its likely to break some copyright rules but many exist in the downloads forum, so I guess its allowed these days.
Yeah, but you can't actually do anything to music or pictures(JPEG's etc.). BMP's can be HEAVILY compressed though.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Yes, because the format already includes compression. Increasing the dictionary size is only going to waste time.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Yes, because the format already includes compression. Increasing the dictionary size is only going to waste time.
Well I gave high dictionary size because he said he had something else than Music too. :)

I tried compressing my whole Cricket07 folder today and managed to slim it down to 600-700mb. :p

Users who are viewing this thread