Videocon Cup

Who will win the Tri-Nation in Zimbabwe?

• Zimbabwe

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • India

Votes: 25 43.1%

• Total voters
Disgusting !!! Some times i wonder some College cricketers play sensible cricket.

S*** man !!! No i dont want to talk about those useless guys. I think i am wasting my energy.

New Zealand wins with 6 wickets.

And with India's loss I have earned 5810 Cash.
:D

Tough luck for the batsmen who came good at the crucial moment!!! The bowlers let them down badly!!!! Pathan, Nehra and Agarkar sucked!!!!! Harbhajan sucked (though his figures were better than the above three)!!!!

Fielding sucked today!!!!!! Rahul Dravid sucked today (a duck and a dropped catch off Vincent)!!!!!! As usual, Agarkar has lost us the match today with poor bowling!!!

Since New Zealand scored at 10 runs per over, why did Ganguly opt for the 2nd Powerplay after the 10th over itself?? Why didnt he use Powerplay 2 later in the innings? It baffles me!!!

All in all, the same result as in Sri Lanka except for one change - we didnt beat Sri Lanka at all in Sri Lanka. But we beat New Zealand here at least once! Now Greg Chappell has to face the media ire and the ire of the BCCI! The team cant get through the final mania! How is this bunch going to win the World Cup for us where every game from the Super Eight is akin to a final (in terms of pressure)!

Astle is Man of the Match.

Bond is Man of the Series. And he deserved this.

ZexyZahid said:
Astle is Man of the Match.

Bond is Man of the Series. And he deserved this.

Great innings from Astle!

I thought Mohammed Kaif deserved better than Shane Bond to be the Man of the series! He was in the best of form throughout this series!!!

And Man of the series doesnt need to be some one from the winning side!

It was between Bond, Fleming and Kaif for me.

In the end it was Shane Bond and I've got no problem with him being Man of the Series. A great comeback of him.

Congrats ! ZexyZahid. Atleast u won something.

Now we Indian fans should start playing cricket on PC or PS and be happy, if they win. Bcoz Real life cricket for India.........always disappointing.

Like this they should be happy playing PC games............ :)

:)

Attachments

• game 2005-09-06 16-11-51-37.jpg
    game 2005-09-06 16-11-51-37.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
I am dissapointed but I have to give credit to new zealand with a good batting disply and astle with the brilliant knock of 115, I give credit to sehwag and kafi for them brilliant 2 knocks, and set new zealand a challanging 279 runs to win, but Indias bowling and fielding let them down badly today, 2 vital drop catches at crucial moment lost us the match, India lose another final. But atleast they got thier and it was a close one, India can take some advantages out of the game and should learn from thier mistakes.

saisrini80 said:
Tough luck for the batsmen who came good at the crucial moment!!! The bowlers let them down badly!!!! Pathan, Nehra and Agarkar sucked!!!!! Harbhajan sucked (though his figures were better than the above three)!!!!

Fielding sucked today!!!!!! Rahul Dravid sucked today (a duck and a dropped catch off Vincent)!!!!!! As usual, Agarkar has lost us the match today with poor bowling!!!

Simply say........Indian team S***s. that's it.

Indiangod said:
.......... India lose another final. But atleast they got thier and it was a close one, India can take some advantages out of the game and should learn from thier mistakes.

Comeon Indiangod, atleast they got there ...(into the finals) is good for u ??? Out of 3 teams they were placed second. The third team being Zimbabwe.....( who is out of sorts). If they think, that reaching the final is good, then they should stop playing cricket.

:mad:

Originally Posted by Kalyan
Comeon Indiangod, atleast they got there ...(into the finals) is good for u ??? Out of 3 teams they were placed second. The third team being Zimbabwe.....( who is out of sorts). If they think, that reaching the final is good, then they should stop playing cricket.

I wouldnt be too dis-heartened. New Zealand are a quality one-day side. Ok, so you have lost loads of finals, forget that, India win a lot of ODI's probably more than they lose. The fact its a final doesnt matter too much in these little series, only World Cup.

One thing I can't agree.
Shane Bond getting the Man of the series.
What rubbish.

Mohammad Kaif was the most consistant in the series.Even in the finals.But bond was not(agree it was wicket that didn't aid fast bowlers)

Is there any rule that the player of the series must be from the winning team?
As Sai said.

kalyan said:
Simply say........Indian team S***s. that's it.

:mad:

See kalyan, now you're getting too harsh on India! Yes we havent won finals in the past 3 years or so! So what? An intelligent person would look into the overall record and how the team played and see where the team stands!

India after their disastrous first match (where they lost by 51 runs!) have improved creditably and have played above expectations! The batting has improved, the bowling has been very good and fielding standard has been intact with Yuvraj and Kaif.

And tell me, comparing all the finals that we lost, this one was a huge step forward. most of our players who are so used to failing in the finals put their hand up. Ganguly batted bravely fending off Bond and feeding on others, Sehwag was getting into his usual attacking best, Kaif is in the form of his life, etc. the fact that we've scored a total of 276 off an attack comprising Bond and Vettori is commendable!

And dont even say that the india lost the match! New Zealand grabbed it from the hands of India! The all out assault adopted by Fleming and Astle left us clueless. When you attack ferociously in that manner, even the best teams struggle to find answers. But the other thing is that, such ferocious attacks always dont succeed! Today it was a case of NZ adopting it and succeeding in it!

No way has India badly in this series! In fact, they have shown a huge improvement from their display in the IndianOil Cup! If you still say India is a useless team, then leave the world of Indian fans! We still have faith in our team. We look at the overall perspective.

THIS TEAM HAS SURELY TAKEN STEPS FORWARD AND THE RESULTS ARE STARTING TO SHOW UNDER GREG CHAPPELL!

The simple fact is I noticed in the all the finals that the bowling and fielding have let India down badly in the finals they have played they have have expensive at the start and really expensive in the end.

I agree with you james India might have won more then they lost, and the little tri-series dont matter much to a team if they lose it. Being a finalist in a world cup is a good acievement, and if you lose the world cup final after all that hard work it is really upsetting and dissapoitment to the team, a world cup final is one in a lifetime, a tri-nation final can be anytime, India in the past few years has been in more finals then anybody else, and has been in BIG tournement finals such as icc champions throphy 2000 and 2002 and icc world cup 2003.

The thing is India has done well in big tournments and under-pressure.

From the Indian oil cup to this series India has improved so much that India have come close to winning those 2 finals, India has surely taken a few steps forward, and from here I can see good things happen to India and when Tendulkar comes back then it will really kick off from thier . Indias improving all the time.

LONG LIVE INDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I don't understand why you lot are happy-say every year we get to the finals of each and every series and lose? That desn't make us a good team.

Kiwi's All out attack?-pfff. It was only Astle, and thats his natural game. We gave him too much width. And then Fleming wasn't brutal at all, again, bad bowling. It wasn't wild slogging, it was just putting away crappy deliveries. Harbhajan is alomost useless of late, Viru has flight and drift and controlls them well, and the fact that he is a part timer makes batsmen try and attack, so he gets wickets. Yuvraj bowled excellently, he should bowl more. Line and length, and a quicker ball up to 20 KPH faster. Also gets the odd one to turn sharply. But Harbhajan? The same line and length, and each delivery flatter than the last towards the end. The odd doosra, fine. But otherwise? 3 singles and then a boundary, easy pickings per over for any settled in batsman.
How can you say Agarkar bowled poorly? He was the most economical, and was hammered around by Astle(too straight without the ball swinging). Nehra and Pathan were poor, and we have no one capable of bowling in the slog without Zaheer. Yadav is just too slow to be effective agaisnt attacking batsmen, but he can be economical in the middle overs.

This team isn't good in ODIs. Its crap. it just goes to show how useless we are without Sachin. He is our key fifth bowler(who can bowl with field restrictions/in the slog) and best batsmen. India suck without him, get over it. This blind worship won't do anything. In the end its the final result which counts. India just can't win, every match they find a better way to screw up from a winning position.

Again India shows how successfully they choke in the finals. Some Indians here are too much supportive of their team. How can you be so happy even when your team keeps losing finals? Whats the big deal in getting through a tournament, working hard to get to the finals and then lose when it matters the most?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread