Videocon Cup

Who will win the Tri-Nation in Zimbabwe?

• Zimbabwe

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • India

Votes: 25 43.1%

• Total voters
I dont underestimate any team... Zimbabwe can do something... Lets have that option open too..

India need time to settle down under Chappell. The games in Lanka were very close though the results dont suggest that! India have always had Lanka on the mat and it was Lanka who got away from it. And it (the loss in Lanka) can also be a learning experience for India to take that extra step to glory and so I expect that glory to come in Zimbabwe. We are back under our best captain - SAURAV GANGULY! He is the man who has led India to glory and I dont understand why he cant do it again!

The team is good - Kumble always needed a break from ODI's though Bhajji is no better! Balaji had a harsh treatment. He ought to have retained. Laxman deserved the axe - he is not an ODI player. Let him stick to tests! Zaheer Khan also needed the kick out from ODI's due to his bad performance and poor attitude on the field. I still have some faith in Ajit Agarkar who can deliver as an all rounder. Lets see how he does here. He has been out for a long time and other bowlers have made their mark. He should be fired up and should deliver. Rudra Pratap Singh's inclusion seems very promising. He is a promising fast bowler. But when are we going to blood Munaf Patel who is the quickest bowler from India?

I think we can do it against New Zealand and Zimbabwe. The matches are going to be close against New Zealand. I think India might sneak through against them!

Good come back from Zimbabwe they are not given up until they drop dead,

Zimbabwe is better then bangladesh and India

Period.

saisrini80 said:
India need time to settle down under Chappell. The games in Lanka were very close though the results dont suggest that! India have always had Lanka on the mat and it was Lanka who got away from it. And it (the loss in Lanka) can also be a learning experience for India to take that extra step to glory and so I expect that glory to come in Zimbabwe. We are back under our best captain - SAURAV GANGULY! He is the man who has led India to glory and I dont understand why he cant do it again!

The team is good - Kumble always needed a break from ODI's though Bhajji is no better! Balaji had a harsh treatment. He ought to have retained. Laxman deserved the axe - he is not an ODI player. Let him stick to tests! Zaheer Khan also needed the kick out from ODI's due to his bad performance and poor attitude on the field. I still have some faith in Ajit Agarkar who can deliver as an all rounder. Lets see how he does here. He has been out for a long time and other bowlers have made their mark. He should be fired up and should deliver. Rudra Pratap Singh's inclusion seems very promising. He is a promising fast bowler. But when are we going to blood Munaf Patel who is the quickest bowler from India?

I think we can do it against New Zealand and Zimbabwe. The matches are going to be close against New Zealand. I think India might sneak through against them!

Well here i'm saying nothing against you mate.
but how long do we indians continue to have faith in ur team.
i agree that under chappell the team need s to settle down but then what was the camp in banglore held for.Chappell can happily say that evrything is good and fine.

Also in Lanka i agree that the matches were close ..so close that the indians should have won them. If Sri Lanka can do it from 95/6 and india can't do it from 200/2 then there definately is some problem. I thereby stick to my old saying that the team is not low on confidence there is simply NO CONFIDENCE at all.
The team is ok.lets hope it can do wonders .What the team needs is the magical myst which surrounded it during the World cup,Australia tour and Pakistan Tour.

andrew_nixon said:
Fardin, you've said a lot of stupid things on this site. This is right up there with the stupidest of them.

At present being an indian i have to agree with Fardin. :p

Though this may sound stupid to many members the team's form in ODI's has been appaling during the last year.

fardin said:
Good come back from Zimbabwe they are not given up until they drop dead,

Zimbabwe is better then bangladesh and India

Period.
NO! Bangladesh is better than Zimbabwe. They have beaten Zimbabwe in both ODI and Test in 2004. They also beat India and Australia in an ODI. And, seriously I can't say anything about India even though I?m an Indian. I have to say currently Bangladesh is a better team than India. :p

Hope they'll bounce back in Zimbabwe with winning the tournament final.

Zim look like they're playing better.Just a bit of rust in the batting.These guys could compete with some first class sides now

What nonsense? India even on their lowest form can beat Zimbabwe! C'mon guys! Dont take India to such a low level! We're not that bad a team! You just need a few flashes of brilliance to beat these teams and India has that in ample amounts!

I would say that West Indies is right now way ahead of India (i.e. when their best players return!). India are now rightfully No 7! But but but, I will always have faith in this team to bounce back. They have done so before and I dont see why they cant do it again

andrew_nixon said:
Fardin, you've said a lot of stupid things on this site. This is right up there with the stupidest of them.
He might end up being right on this considering India's current trend of choking. They're starting to remind me of the Chicago Cubs. :p

saisrini80 said:
What nonsense? India even on their lowest form can beat Zimbabwe! C'mon guys! Dont take India to such a low level! We're not that bad a team! You just need a few flashes of brilliance to beat these teams and India has that in ample amounts!

The problem is they have the ample amounts but cannot use them at the right time. :hpraise

Also when india had their best available team they stuttered against the minnows bagladesh.
i would not have been surprised if the result had been 2-1 in favour of bangla ;)

iceman_waugh said:
The problem is they have the ample amounts but cannot use them at the right time. :hpraise

Also when india had their best available team they stuttered against the minnows bagladesh.
i would not have been surprised if the result had been 2-1 in favour of bangla ;)

ok ok, the thing is, i am arguing with a person who keeps on repeating the same thing again and again. no point in continuing the debate.

Wait 'n watch! Now I am seriously hoping Ganguly & his team gives you guys a huge backlash!

andrew_nixon said:

I wont even mind what you said,

It is my opinion and if you are not happy with it then shove a ;)

saisrini80 said:
ok ok, the thing is, i am arguing with a person who keeps on repeating the same thing again and again. no point in continuing the debate.

Wait 'n watch! Now I am seriously hoping Ganguly & his team gives you guys a huge backlash!

Iam with saisrini .I really hope that India get back to where they were in 2003-2004 , right amogst the top sies in world cricket and Iam sure they will . Wait and watch . Its not that we`ve been playing horrible ODI cricket even poor than ZIM . We were 2-0 up vs Pak in ODI series and could not finish it (lost a close match at Ahd`bd scoring 319) . We were 1-0 up in the tests but it eventually ended 1-1 . WE had SRL on the mat every game and should have won each match convincingly but again could not finish it off. If we can get the finishing act right, we would be right back and Iam sure we`ll see some of that in Zimbabwe against NZ .
All those who feel India are no-hopers , wait and watch !
We are still ahead of Pakistan, SA,NZ,SRL,WIN in test rankings (No.3 in tests). Just 3 points behind England and . There is no way anyone can say that Zimbabwe and Bangladesh are better that India . Fardin, I thought you had matured with your posts on this forum but as Andrew said, the last post which suggested Zim and Ban to be better than India was right up there with your stupidest posts .

You know how difficult it is easy to get those 3 points? You have to win more series, and reduce the number of drawn series. Forget about losing. If England lose to the Aussies in the Ashes, it will do India a lot of favour.

And maybe, India's performance in 2003 v Aus and 2004 v Pak, and the WC was just a flash in the pan. I've never seen them play as well before, nor after that period. And teams do go through purple patches. But with the players India have, and seeing their averages, there is no reason why India shouldnt be playing well. However I do think apart from Dravid and Tendulkar, the rest of the guys are over-rated.

saisrini, you feel proud beating weak teams, huh?

look we will lose every important match

there will be close contests, but don't worry we will lose.

////////////////////////////////////
get yuv and kaif as major players

actually only useful players i know in my team are yuv,kaif,rahul,dhoni,bhajji,irfan and nehra, atleast they effort for win

rest

sehwag - natural natural natural, great excuse
ganguly - has one intention, to keep leading india and playing for it. very patriotic it seems but he just can't play fast anymore
raina , rao - useful but little known
balaji - good but, no match winner, actually match loser, bala to lee and SIX

I voted for india to win , not becuase I support them , but they look like a good outfit , with plenty of expirence and talent , with a nice blend in thier team , I think India aill swipe off zim easily , but New Zealand might give India a tough fight . We all know india are losing finals consistanley , but with gangully back as captain , greg chappel as thier new coach , and most of thie rplayers on form agian , India will make a winning habit , and that starts on this series.

Users who are viewing this thread