Videocon Cup

Who will win the Tri-Nation in Zimbabwe?

• Zimbabwe

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • India

Votes: 25 43.1%

• Total voters
Nice debates are going on. :) i hope the tri-series will be equivalent to your debates and not one-sided affair. I wish we have a great tournament with lots of excitement.

:cheers

iceman_waugh said:
The problem is they have the ample amounts but cannot use them at the right time. :hpraise

Also when india had their best available team they stuttered against the minnows bagladesh.
i would not have been surprised if the result had been 2-1 in favour of bangla ;)

Dont forget bangladesh winning australia in the natest series really easily and the 2 other games were close as well. England kicked bangaldesh's ass in all 3 games , the aussies couldent match england.

Meh, the kiwis are going to walk over India in the tournament I fear. The Indians are short of confidence (and talent too, really).

India are going to swipe the floor off new zealand .
New zealands never had the upperhand of India in any form of the game.

if you go through historical records Indiangod you'll find that new zealand have always had the upper hand against india.

Leaving out a couple of instances i cannot find any match where india has beaten NZ convincingly.Also the indian home record against NZ has not been great.
So it would be or rather should bea close contest between the two.

IMO , you kidding me in tests india have always done well agsint new zealand , and india have beaten new zealand in test and odi series at home , not the same in new zealand but india have won more odi matches agasint new zealand.

Mate if you check oout the stats in about 8 test series vs new zealand in , new zealands never won a test series , india have won 6 and draw 2 , and india have won in new zealand twice in nz in 5 or 6 test series , and nz has never won a odi series agasint india in india. and indias won some odi series vs nz in nz . and the world cup record is even.

Last edited:
I just checked:

In New Zealand 2002/03: Test series 2-0 for New Zealand (of two matches). ODI Series 5-2 for New Zealand.

In India 2003/2004: Test Series 0-0 (two matches drawn. Laxman saved India from innings defeat in 2nd Test). ODI series 1-1 (between them) and one No Result.

For ODI Series between them: http://uk.cricinfo.com/db/STATS/BY_OPPONENT/IND-NZ/ODI/IND-NZ_ODI_SERIES_SUMMARY.html

For Test Series between them: http://uk.cricinfo.com/db/STATS/BY_OPPONENT/IND-NZ/IND-NZ_TEST_SERIES_SUMMARY.html

In other words: New Zealand has the upper hand in the last series (home and guest) they faced each other.

And I've updated the squads. Zimbabwe has named their ODI squad:

http://content.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/content/story/216757.html

Chill man , you did not check the stats from before , but anyway forget about it , It should be new zealand and India in the final ( unless a miracle can happen to zim) .The only good games will be India nad nz , zim will get walloped easily.

I don't need check the stats before that. It doesn't matter what happened ten years of thirty years ago. It's about the current players.

And in the won Test Series it's 7-4 for India. In other words: New Zealand has indeed won some Test series.

And I am looking forward to the New Zealand vs India games.

Lets hope its a good series , I'm just hoping India dont chock in the final , thats if they get thier , But it is India.

Yeah, I couldn't believe what happened in the final against Sri Lanka.. They were in a winning position.

A bad thing about the current squad is that Zaheer Khan isn't in the squad now. He bowled, like he used to bowl, in the Afro-Asia Cup. He is the man in form now.

Well...........Its up to the pathan ,nhera , bhajji etc....... will have to do the job in the bowling department for India . If India wins the final in the tri-series , then theirs going to be some big celabrations.

297/1 off 36 overs.

This is a pathetic display from Zimbabwe. What an absolute joke. They should dropped immediately from international cricket :(

Oh my God whats going on
New Zealand are crushing Zimbabwe :whip
Vincent will break Saeed Anwars 194 Record easily on Zimbabweans :eek:
also they will make the highest ODI score :D which is at the moment i think 398 by Sri Lanka

EDIT: it's a 44 Over Match
Vincent gone (172) What a great innings :clap

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread