Virtua Tennis 2009

Agree with all points mentioned, it is still a fun game though. Its going to be available for download only on the pc, but i think i will probably get it.

PC mode desperately needs an online mode.

Looks like it's not d/l only after all and it has online as well, according to play.com at least.

Last edited:
I brought this game on PS3 on the first day when it came out.
the world tour mode is REALLY!!! long but overall its a fun game..better then number 3

I'm going to hang on for EA SPORTS Grand Slam Tennis which I believe is coming out in September.

I brought this game on PS3 on the first day when it came out.
the world tour mode is REALLY!!! long but overall its a fun game..better then number 3

Are there any signs of:

A more realistic career mode (starting in Rnd 1 instead of the quarter finals)?
Being able to save during a goddam match?
And how many players in total? Are there only 23, or 23 'stars' with other made up players? If there are only 23 players in total, there is no way you can have any kind of realistic career mode.

I'm going to hang on for EA SPORTS Grand Slam Tennis which I believe is coming out in September.

It's not coming for PC though, is it?

No, it isn't, but I would buy it for 360 anyway. I think EA are realising that the PC is dying as a gaming platform and I expect to be more titles released that aren't on PC in the future.

No, it isn't, but I would buy it for 360 anyway. I think EA are realising that the PC is dying as a gaming platform and I expect to be more titles released that aren't on PC in the future.

The PC is not dying as a gaming platform at all.

Are there any signs of:

A more realistic career mode (starting in Rnd 1 instead of the quarter finals)?
Being able to save during a goddam match?
And how many players in total? Are there only 23, or 23 'stars' with other made up players? If there are only 23 players in total, there is no way you can have any kind of realistic career mode.

Well I started my World Tour mode and yes you start from Quarter finals BUT you don't play against top players e.g. Nadal, murray.. you play against some random youngsters like in Top Spin 3.
World Tour mode is realistic now and Much Longer!!.
and NO you can't save in the middle of a match.

any more Question?

Well I started my World Tour mode and yes you start from Quarter finals BUT you don't play against top players e.g. Nadal, murray.. you play against some random youngsters like in Top Spin 3.
World Tour mode is realistic now and Much Longer!!.
and NO you can't save in the middle of a match.

any more Question?

So, once again, it's a stupid arcade game where they've obviously focused more on the dumb mini games for training than fixing the one thing that needed looking at: the career mode.

So, once again, it's a stupid arcade game where they've obviously focused more on the dumb mini games for training than fixing the one thing that needed looking at: the career mode.

its just the same game but with better graphics and longer career mode.
and yes they still get those mini games..lol.
Career mode do get boring in a while because it takes long time to reach number 1 ranking...in amateur in World Tour.. so far I am number 34.. and I am in my 3rd year and I am not even professional yet so its alot longer career mode.

It is good that there are some random players in there now; one of the things I hated about VT3 was that you could play a top player early in your career and destroy him, yet meet the same guy later and you couldn't live with him at all.

And since those twats at EA aren't going to bother releasing their game on PC, it's all we've got in the way of a new tennis game.

It is good that there are some random players in there now; one of the things I hated about VT3 was that you could play a top player early in your career and destroy him, yet meet the same guy later and you couldn't live with him at all.

And since those twats at EA aren't going to bother releasing their game on PC, it's all we've got in the way of a new tennis game.
I thought you had a PS3? Why not buy Grand Slam Tennis on that?

I thought you had a PS3? Why not buy Grand Slam Tennis on that?

Might do. It's just I prefer PC games, you know? Still, if Grand Slam comes up with a realistic career mode, I might give it a go.

Hay Virtua Tennis 2009 is not a bad game.
It still enjoyable and way better then the last game and so far its the best tennis game I played.
I just started my Career mode so I don't how it will be like when I am playing against top players.
The only EA sports game I am going to get its Fight Night Round 4

Wii version is released today in North America according to wikipedia. Hopefully we'll get some reviews soon.

Hay Virtua Tennis 2009 is not a bad game.
It still enjoyable and way better then the last game and so far its the best tennis game I played.
I just started my Career mode so I don't how it will be like when I am playing against top players.
The only EA sports game I am going to get its Fight Night Round 4

I'm sure the tennis is fun, but I was really hoping to at least see the option to save during a sodding tournament! As you get towards the end of the tournaments, the matches get longer; what if you don't want to play another five set marathon, but don't want to lose your tournament progress either?

Users who are viewing this thread