Virtua Tennis 2009

Guys just wanted to add that a Pc version should be announced shortly if my sources are correct, there is even word it may be released to retailers, so not download version only.

Watch this space.

Guys just wanted to add that a Pc version should be announced shortly if my sources are correct, there is even word it may be released to retailers, so not download version only.

Watch this space.

PC version of what: VT 09, or EA's Tennis game? :upray

*Bump*
look like the Pc version is out,any body brought it??if yes please tell how the game is,

Same as the last one. No online play, a few new players (eg Murray and Legends such as Becker and Henman?lol but still no Serena, Soderling etc) and a crap career mode. The created players seem to all look the same no matter what you do. You still get just 4 shots - the normal forehand/backhands, a slice which does not spin/swerve at all, the drop and the lob. You can't seem to hit the ball very close to the baseline and drop shots are hard to do even when you have time.

They replaced the divng roll with a stumble. Graphics are decent, nothing to complain about but certainly not a highlight of the game. You can't use pro's in the career mode and a few new minigames have been added. Its a pathetic attempt at a tennis game really. They didnt go for realism or a simulation type game yet it still isnt very fun or entertaining. Pretty poor all round. Please for your own sake do not buy this game.

Pc version???:crying

I doubt very much if I'll be getting it. Sounds like the same old, same old, with no option to save during a tournament, let alone a match and the same unrealistic 'career' mode where you start tournaments in the quarter finals and train on a giant pool table. Rubbish.

And of course, the one glimmer of light on the horizon, EA's Grandslam Tennis, ain't coming out on the PC.

Yeah i have the PC version. Its basically the same as 2008 but with Andy Murray. Still not possible to play a career with a normal tennis player. When you enter into a tournament outside of career mode men and women participate for some reason. No online play either.

Avoid.

I haven't heard of a Top Spin 4 being made. But EA's Grand Slam Tennis is going to be awesome.
I just assumed it would come out.
I doubt very much if I'll be getting it. Sounds like the same old, same old, with no option to save during a tournament, let alone a match and the same unrealistic 'career' mode where you start tournaments in the quarter finals and train on a giant pool table. Rubbish.

And of course, the one glimmer of light on the horizon, EA's Grandslam Tennis, ain't coming out on the PC.
Haven't you got a PS3 mate? Grab Top Spin 3, that's a class game!

Is Topsin 3 coming for PC? Either way, PS3 is currently FUBAR - it needs servicing. Only had it for eighteen bloody months - warranty expired, of course.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Yeah i have the PC version. Its basically the same as 2008 but with Andy Murray. Still not possible to play a career with a normal tennis player. When you enter into a tournament outside of career mode men and women participate for some reason. No online play either.

Avoid.

No online, no proper single player career mode. I haven't got the game, but going by that summary, I'd agree with the Gas: avoid.

Users who are viewing this thread