WC2007: Super 8

Kiwis can easily go pass to semis i guess with Bangla & Ireland matches coming up. Aus/SA are also in similar situation.

I really pity Windies team.. Lara has been only the consistent so far. Gayle is so inconsistent in this WC. But they are playing cricket for three continuous days which Lara was not happy at the start itself. Next game for Windies is against Lankans which shd be a must win game. If they do so, Lankan's next game wud be a must win game. So this is going to be interesting.

I expect Aus,SA,Kiwis and (x) to be in semis. That x might be anyone even ireland/Bangla :p

Edit : I expect Kiwis Vs SA in finals too ;)

Can't really see the x being Irelamd or Bangladesh if the Kiwis are there as they have to play both of them.

Will_NA said:
Don't they already have 2 points from the group stage fixture?
So do Australia, New Zealand and Sri Lanka, who didn't play Ireland in the group stage and thus will have a chance to gun them down in the 8s.

I am expecting following teams to reach semi-finals

Aus,SAF,SL & NZL

I don't see any chance for England

England are the outsiders but still have a decent side and a decent chance. Fred is yet to fire all cylinders, and if he does that then not even God can save the other teams.

^ Only person that excites me in the England squad is Mr.KP, he is definitely not Englishman like.

m_vaughan said:
England are the outsiders but still have a decent side and a decent chance. Fred is yet to fire all cylinders, and if he does that then not even God can save the other teams.

We have every kind of extinguishers , so Freddie or KP who ever fire :rolleyes: we just dont care :p , we know how to take them ;)

Till so far , England has not played any kind of good cricket in this world cup

Last edited:
m_vaughan said:
Thats a far out statement. i mean we've got mini god on our team and im sure he can look up to the holy father and pray for somthing. C'arn Hayden. Show em what you can do.

boy has anyone else been disapointed by the fan turnout, there is nobody in the freakin stands. this is definately not good for cricket in the Caribbean, and i would expect some serious changes in the west indies squad.

I can't help but feel uneasy ahead of this Ireland game. I would like to score a lot of runs at a quick rate to improve our NRR but at the same time i'd take any victory margin as long as we win.

Users who are viewing this thread