WC2007: Super 8

England must have been odds on fo this kind of performance. We should have bowled first. Let Jimmy destroy the Irish and knock off the runs comfortably, i feel comfortable when we bowl first for some reason.

If England didn't have Collingwood then I don't know how we'd ever win an ODI.

Nixon is proving himself to be quite the lower order batsmen too.

Typical, I go and jinx someone else!

KP is really p-ing me off. If he really applied himself, he could have at least 7 hundreds by now. Colly to the rescue again. England batsmen getting starts and getting out to silly shots. Where have I seen this before?

evertonfan said:
If England didn't have Collingwood then I don't know how we'd ever win an ODI.

Nixon is proving himself to be quite the lower order batsmen too.

Typical, I go and jinx someone else!
I think they finally got the idea that none of their prefered keepers should be batting in the top 7. The question is, when do they realise that the top order doesn't know how to play one day cricket?

I wouldn't say 266 is a great score but it should be enough, although if we start well, who knows?

actually i'd bat vaughan at 8 and Nixon at 1 :p fred still isn't his old self with the bat,Collers was class and I'm sure KP will make runs whe he can be arsed

No.3 is a key position for any team, unfortunately for England Bell isn't ringing

Sagacious said:
No.3 is a key position for any team, unfortunately for England Bell isn't ringing

I would rather see KP bat at 3 and Bell at 4

How about we get Strauss in, drop Joyce, bell opens, KP at 3, Vaughn at 4, Colly, Flintoff, and then the lower order?

great start from Anderson,our bowlings fine so i wasn't particularly worried although Mahmoods capable of getting hit for 100 but not off Ireland :p bring on Monty with the new ball!

If Mahmood can take a few wickets here it will do his confidence no harm at all. We need to get them in a position of hopelessness before we can start taking liberties though. Ireland are a good side and aren't to be taken for granted.

Users who are viewing this thread