WC2007: Super 8

well, you cant blame bangladesh...the aussies been thrashing everyone in their way...hopefully someone can stop them to make it bit interesting...but bangladesh didn't really play 20/20s before only one and that against zim while the aussies been playing a lot more and they have the power hitters...

WI must win tomorrow and hopefully sri lanka wont be the party poopers

They might as well of just given the match to Australia. Australia v Bangladesh in a 22/22? Bangladesh had no chance. They were unlucky

ZexyZahid said:
A good win for Australia. Tomorrow Sri Lanka will play against West Indies. It's a must win match for West Indies. But I expect Sri Lanka to win.

I feel West Indies are over with the Super 8's. I thought they might go to the semis, but they've proved me wrong. Sri Lanka are a much stronger team, and the way they came back to almost win against South Africa speaks volumes of their resilence. Only a Lara special can save West Indies tomorrow!

Man we're lookin like goners, but I think windies may pull a trick or 2 from the bag... :(

Haydos and Gilly were on fire. Numerous sixes near the end.

I was expecting Windies to do very well but I think by tommorow they will be out sadly :( They need alot of fan support tommorow. The fan support they got in Jamaica against Pakistan. I say Pakistan would have won if it wasnt for the huge crowd in Jamaica. Supported them every minute and even when Pakistan lost that game I thought that this World Cup is going to be great because of their fans but it hasnt turned out like that. :(

I'm not writing West Indies off. I half hope they can beat Sri Lanka. 2 losses vs SA and WI would make it tougher for them. They're a dangerous side so I wanna see them miss out really.

Whats everyone's thoughts on SA?

The other night against SL i was so close to losing my mind when we AGAIN did everything possible to lose the game from a certain win. And another thing....why did SA have such a horrible Net RR when they came into the super 8's?? Before the game against Aus we had a RR of like +5.00 or more and after the game it was all of a sudden down to -1.7? We almost scored 300 runs against them an an 83 run loss isnt THAT huge considering how many runs were scored is it? surely our runrate couldnt be affected that badly after the loss?!

I still think we should reach the semis...but hopefully not end up 4th for the semis cozz for once we should get to the final and not meet Aus in the semis - if we do then its curtains.

Last edited:
LA ICE-E said:
WI must win tomorrow and hopefully sri lanka wont be the party poopers

lol if Windies get eliminated than the world cup is over, there arent gona be any fans at the games.

Dare said:
lol if Windies get eliminated than the world cup is over, there arent gona be any fans at the games.

lol well there already arent any fans at the games, the attendance is pathetic. Definitely the worst ive seen at any world cup

Valaskjalf said:
Whats everyone's thoughts on SA?

The other night against SL i was so close to losing my mind when we AGAIN did everything possible to lose the game from a certain win. And another thing....why did SA have such a horrible Net RR when they came into the super 8's?? Before the game against Aus we had a RR of like +5.00 or more and after the game it was all of a sudden down to -1.7? We almost scored 300 runs against them an an 83 run loss isnt THAT huge considering how many runs were scored is it? surely our runrate couldnt be affected that badly after the loss?!
It's weird, NRR isn't completely carried over from the group stage. However, the group stage NRR doesn't seem correct either, it says the FOR is 835/113.2 - from what I can tell, they batted 40, 23.2 and 48 overs; that's 111.2

can somebody tell me in westindies there its rainy season bcoz 8 matches delayed bcoz of rain

Users who are viewing this thread