WC2007: Super 8

Valaskjalf said:
lol well there already arent any fans at the games, the attendance is pathetic. Definitely the worst ive seen at any world cup

it isn't cheep for tickets and at least they are in love with cricket they decide to watch it but it has rained alot aswell which has dampened not only the pitch but everybody's spirits.

Valaskjalf said:
lol well there already arent any fans at the games, the attendance is pathetic. Definitely the worst ive seen at any world cup

It's because the greedy chaps setting the prices decided they would try and grab every penny possible, and the fun police inside the grounds aren't allowing musical instruments unless you get permission first. So basically the many fans who may not be the wealthiest, yet have no doubt supported Windies cricket for decade after decade, are being left out in the cold. Why on earth there isn't some kind of cheap sale of any tickets not yet sold by the time the match starts is beyond me. It's almost as if the authorities don't want the poorer fans from the West Indian islands in the grounds.

Yes, it is pathetic.

The attendance for this match though is very healthy, the atmosphere is very good.

At 2/200 in 36 overs, this game looks to be very much in Sri Lanka's hands and to add insult to injury, the Windies' over rate is behind by about half an hour.

As much as the West Indies are a sentimental favourite for everyone, you just can't deny these Sri Lankans - without doubt one of the best teams we get to see. They are able to do champion things; be it marathon partnerships or devastating spells of bowling. Always exciting when Jayasuriya is on a big innings too, especially when his opponents are afraid to bowl wide of off at him.

You know what - Dilshan is becoming an awesome batsman. His consistency recently has been outstanding. He comes in late and whether he has to consolidate or accelerate he's doing it very well indeed, much like Hussey was last season. Though he doesn't get huge scores of 100+, he's a very good batsman. Add to that some useful bowling and brilliant fielding, he's very underrated indeed.

Yea. I'd have him in my ODI team anytime. Only problem is, with guys like Dwyane Smith, Bravo, Symonds, Samuels, Clarke, Malik, Oram, Dalrymple, Collingwood, etc. who all do the same thing, he tends to get overlooked. He isn't a match winner, but is reliable.

hes a usefull Off spinner and from your list Zorax hes probably the best fielder aside from Collingwood, hes definately Sri Lankas #6 for the future.

ZoraxDoom said:
Yea. I'd have him in my ODI team anytime. Only problem is, with guys like Dwyane Smith, Bravo, Symonds, Samuels, Clarke, Malik, Oram, Dalrymple, Collingwood, etc. who all do the same thing, he tends to get overlooked. He isn't a match winner, but is reliable.

I would rate him in the middle. You've got people like Smith, Samuels and Darlymple who are bits-and-pieces players, Malik, Bravo and Dilshan who are good players but don't reallt get to prove it. I'd rate Clarke Symonds Colly and Oram a step above the rest though.

looks like WI is out of the wc...dead rubbers coming up...

Sri Lanka got an easy victory, West Indies have been shocking in the Super 8's so far. Poor fielding and crap body language. But they still have managed to hammer Murali for some reason.

West Indies never deserved to win any of their games which is sad as I was rooting for them (after England of course :p )

Users who are viewing this thread