WC2007: Super 8

man west indies are playing rubbish in the super 8 there fielding was rubbish I was just watching droping catching and letting the ball go pass them

Dreadful performance by Windies through out the World Cup :(

I feel that with the entry of Bangladesh, Ireland in the Super 8 and with the dreadful performance of West Indies, this World Cup is losing all its excitement and is becoming one big bore. Even though India and Pakistan exited early, I thought the performance of the teams involved could make the Super 8's and the rest of the world cup interesting.

but nothing of that sort has happened, and now i am waiting for this world cup to finish and see who is the eventual winner!

well may be for you but isn't for the rest of us...did you not see the double hatrick of malinga?

West Indies had no luck really. Jaysuriya and Jaywardene skied a lot of balls and just fell short. But their body language and stuff was poor. Very loose fielding. Then their batting is just unsettled. They need to get a strong team going and not change it every match.

West Indies performances have really taken a bit out of this world cup.

What's with New Zealand's super 8 fixture?...are they just folowing Australia's?

saisrini80 said:
I feel that with the entry of Bangladesh, Ireland in the Super 8 and with the dreadful performance of West Indies, this World Cup is losing all its excitement and is becoming one big bore. Even though India and Pakistan exited early, I thought the performance of the teams involved could make the Super 8's and the rest of the world cup interesting.

but nothing of that sort has happened, and now i am waiting for this world cup to finish and see who is the eventual winner!
The problem is that there are three teams not putting out; you never get away with having none, though. The interest in this stage is that there are just four finals spots up for grabs and five teams that are playing well enough to take them. Whoever misses out will either be unlucky or brutally beaten.

The downside is that there's a four day layoff between the big games.

The Windies have been really disappointing in the Super 8 stage, they had the perfect chance to make a home semi but they have blown that.

Shocking batting by Indies, they really should of won that match, dissapointing once again :mad:

We'd have made a better effort last night of that, appauling from the West Indies. Though the scheduling of this WC has been dire.

With this rate (3.5 now) they should get over 200 runs. Important thing is that they only lost two wickets by now.

all Bangladesh need to do is batt out their 50 overs. if they can get a decent score up than the bowlers will have somthing to defend.

Users who are viewing this thread