WC2007: Super 8

Anyone else noticed that Scott Styris looks a lot like Anthony Worral Thompson?

_42756863_styris_afp416.jpg

_941180_thompson150.jpg

Bangladesh lost their ninth wicket :( , i hope mortaza can also pick up some quick wickets :cool:

WORLD CHAMPIONS said:
Bangladesh lost their ninth wicket :( , i hope mortaza can also pick up some quick wickets :cool:

They are simply not good enough to compete at this level PERIOD.

barmyarmy said:
Which is why they beat India in the group stage...

I said at this level. Anyway they will beat England, don't worry :p

barmyarmy said:

well..i would have to disagree there colin.
they beat india in the group stage because india SUCKED !
and atm....they are weaker than bangladesh... :mad

barmyarmy said:

They beat India , that was quite good fo me :) but that doesnt mean they can beat India every time :noway , after WC India will go to Bangladesh for a series , that time bangladesh will not going to even win a single match .India will rip up every part of them ;)

I'm just saying that they clearly belong in ODI cricket now and to say they are not good enough period isn't fair imo.

It's funny how often the main batsmen stumble about trying to bat sustainably, then Mashrafe Mortaza or Mohammad Rafique comes in and makes them all look silly.

WORLD CHAMPIONS said:
They beat India , that was quite good fo me :) but that doesnt mean they can beat India every time :noway , after WC India will go to Bangladesh for a series , that time bangladesh will not going to even win a single match .India will rip up every part of them ;)
hhhmm lets see...so can india beat bangladesh every time? no way because they just lost to them....its like saying india beat australia once but can they beat them every time? no...

what a collapse 105/2 to 140/9.... they had a good start but the collapse...but the last partnership will at least give something for the bowlers to look at but not much... bangladesh looks like WI in the supper 8..they have similar score against NZ too :p

but to criticize bangladesh and say they are not good enough...then you should say WI isn't good enough etc etc...instead of criticizing bang and ireland why not criticize your own teams for not making it...bang and ireland didn't get thrashed in any match any much more than some of the other teams....

Scott Styris really has found his bowling form again in this WC. The only problem for NZ now is the opener that will partner Fleming.

New Zealand now at 71-1. They should chase this down with ease. This win will bring them to the top together with Australia.

Another fantastic effort from our guys! Bond is easily the best bowler in the world at the moment. Another World Class display. He's at his best. Styris and Oram are picking up wickets AND runs recently. Fantastic signs. Only bad thing from the match was Mason's injury. He's out. At least we get Gillespie back now. Other bowlers were restricting enough and made good support.

Fleming finished things off well, great hundred. Really took the attack apart and Marshall provided perfect support. Good to see him FINALLY get some runs. Should really boost him. Fulton was unlucky, tried to get going after a slow start and just didn't get it in the middle.

That really was a thrashing if i've ever seen one. We had control the whole way through.

I think Bangladesh has reached the stature of Zimbabwe of old when they used to play well and win a match or two occasionally. Improvement is there but they will continue to loose until at least couple of their youngsters develop into star players.

barmyarmy said:
Anyone else noticed that Scott Styris looks a lot like Anthony Worral Thompson?

_42756863_styris_afp416.jpg

_941180_thompson150.jpg
Kind of, but who's Anthony ? I'd say Anthony looks more like him.

Users who are viewing this thread