WC2007: Super 8

Ireland 63-3. The advantage that Ireland has is that Pollock and Ntini have fully bowled their overs by now. So they don't need to worry about them.

Ireland managed the early break through of De Villers which will help. Just need to get Smith and we could have a game on our hands.

South Africa won easily with 7 wickets. Tomorrow's match will be good to watch. Also if Sri Lanka wins they will be on top of the table, because they will have a better runrate.

SA won easily in the end, but I thought Ireland performed reasonably well. They deserve their spot in my opinion.

They put a good score on the board,but some of the bowlers let them down. Rankin was great yet again.

Not a very convincing win at the end of the day in my books. Big win, but Ireland fought well.

masterkhan06 said:
so its 152 a good score for a 35 over match?

good start from Ireland
Disappointing tactically from Ireland, Johnston's big hitting could have got them somewhere, but he barely got to bat before they ran out of time. 200 could have made South Africa sweat. They've got a long way to go if they can't adapt their plans for something like this.

Can anyone guess from these super 8 which teams go to semi finals?
In my opinion
Australia
South Africa
Sri Lanka and Ireland will meet the semi finals.
Let's wait and see............

huh! Ireland in the semifinals?

It will be SL,AUS,NZL & SAF

Ireland still need more experience before they are able to consistency cause upsets.
Tonight game should be interesting, will show exactly where the English are at.

Yea that should be very interesting, KP played Warne very well but Murali has a few extra tricks up his sleeve.

Todays match will be an interesting one :) i hope no interuption will take place :upray

Kp vs Murli

Monty vs :rolleyes: :p anyone

aussie1st said:
Yea that should be very interesting, KP played Warne very well but Murali has a few extra tricks up his sleeve.

Well last time they played KP won, with two big centuries in the test series last year. Conditions may be different here though.

Users who are viewing this thread