WC2007: Super 8

I think that England will only have a chance if they are chasing. But to be frank, I can see Jayasuriya tearing us apart and Malinga and Murali ripping our batting to shreds.

evertonfan said:
I think that England will only have a chance if they are chasing. But to be frank, I can see Jayasuriya tearing us apart and Malinga and Murali ripping our batting to shreds.

We should try what we did against Jayasuriya last year, put a bloke in the middle of nowhere on the off-side then bowl the worst long-hop imaginable, and he found the man :p

Pietersen will take Sri Lanka to pieces. His plays arrogantly against everyone unless his playing Australia. Otherwise, weather it be Test or ODI, his strike-rate is always near 100.

wfdu_ben91 said:
Pietersen will take Sri Lanka to pieces. His plays arrogantly against everyone unless his playing Australia. Otherwise, weather it be Test or ODI, his strike-rate is always near 100.

I agree with that, well if Pietersen gets it. Pietersen plays best when were chasing as he can hit the 90 odd not out to finish the game off with someone like Colly playing sensibly at the other end. Toss will be a huge factor imo.

Drewska said:
We should try what we did against Jayasuriya last year, put a bloke in the middle of nowhere on the off-side then bowl the worst long-hop imaginable, and he found the man :p

Botham: "Why on earth is there a man out on the off-side for a short wide long hop? It's terrible field placing."

Jayasuriya finds the man.

Nasser: "There's the man for the short wide long hop and he's out! Well done Ian Botham."

Lol, nice to laugh when we were getting owned. :D

evertonfan said:
Botham: "Why on earth is there a man out on the off-side for a short wide long hop? It's terrible field placing."

Nasser: "There's the man for the short wide long hop and he's out! Well done Ian Botham."

Yep that's the one. Quality stuff :D

It's hilarious whenever Botham gets owned. That clip's on Youtube somewhere, find it. Unless the ICC have removed it. :rolleyes:

Back to the game though, any chance of Flintoff repeating what he did the last time he played Lanka in an ODI?

I don't wish to appear pessimistic, but I think todays game could be embarassing for England, if they bat first plodding along at 3.5-4 r/over until the final 5 over bash. Can see Malinga and Vaas ripping top order out then Murali finishing the innings off.

evertonfan said:
It's hilarious whenever Botham gets owned. That clip's on Youtube somewhere, find it. Unless the ICC have removed it. :rolleyes:
The clip's still on youtube:D , was watching it yesterday. Well thats if you mean the Sky Sports package of last summer, and that clip is in there.

Yep, best way to get rid of Jaysuriya, man out anywhere in the offside and put Saj into the attack! It all depends if the big game players can fire today. We have looked like we are going to take wickets with the new ball in the games so far, but during the middle overs, haven't looked like we are going to get too many wickets. It'd be nice if one of the top 3 managed to get a century, but I'm not banking on it.

evertonfan said:

That's really hilarious, I had that youtube clip with me, right now I don't have

Can someone find it for me?

Thanks

Big game today between England & Sri Lanka.
England need the two openers (whoever it may be) to post a 50+ partnership at least! Also Vaughan needs a big score and we need to not reli on KP and Collingwood to get us up to a respectable total! Hoping to see a 300+ total from England if they bat first and just pray that Jayasuriya does not get going :upray

According to SSN, England are unchanged from the win over Ireland on Friday. Understandable I suppose but i'd rather Strauss play instead of Joyce.

Users who are viewing this thread