Wealeys slider and skills playtest! OP updated with sliders!!

Obviously if there is an issue it would be a BUG, not a "startling omission", I will get this QA'd and try to replicate the experiences people here are having.

Obviously if there is an issue it would be a BUG, not a "startling omission", I will get this QA'd and try to replicate the experiences people here are having.

I think more testing is necessary and it may have something to do with the modifiers changing how the AI is represented.

Ill continue playing on default and see what happens. Maybe you could beef the mentalities up a bit more to make brutes and blockers more important in the game, but bowling is really good fun as you will doubtless see from this thread.

I think more testing is necessary and it may have something to do with the modifiers changing how the AI is represented.

Ill continue playing on default and see what happens. Maybe you could beef the mentalities up a bit more to make brutes and blockers more important in the game, but bowling is really good fun as you will doubtless see from this thread.

Problem is...where's the line? Warner would be a brute but I don't want him trying to launch sixes every other ball in a test. At the moment for me mentalities seem ok!

Not tested but I think attributes have an effect.

Dunno if it's a bug or just massive ball ache but I've had 3 clear edges all turned down in a format with no reviews!! Practically in tears - they're 192 for 2!!

@Ross is there any possibility to add edgeo or hotspot on demand line big eye? Adds to the realism

Dunno if it's a bug or just massive ball ache but I've had 3 clear edges all turned down in a format with no reviews!! Practically in tears - they're 192 for 2!!

@Ross is there any possibility to add edgeo or hotspot on demand line big eye? Adds to the realism

Happened twice to me. Can't think of anything worse.

Umpires fault not the games.. ;)

Happened twice to me. Can't think of anything worse.
Another issue i have noticed that many a times fielders throw balls to the keeper,it hits the batsman and deflects with another fielder chasing and retrieving it. It happens quite frequently.

At the same time you dont expect a usual no 11 coming in at no 4 as a night watchman to go on and score a run a ball 100? (although I have seen a few score 100's!)

You don't but I'm sure if the regular no. 11 comes in at 4 he will average slightly more than what he averages at no. 11. Say instead of averaging 7, he might average 9 or 10.

With or without sliders you think?

So far I've mostly played all default. I'd rather get a feel for how the game plays naturally before I amend.

By biggest gripe with the game is lack of weather control as in DBC14. Just don't understand why we don't get control of it

Final day ... Day 3 in my test with sliders. Very strange run out included.

Test%20Eng%20v%20Aus%20Scorecard_zpshgpu2xga.png

s!AgGhI0hQxs0nhSZ4eMLRlIwh5QRG

Last edited:
So far I've mostly played all default. I'd rather get a feel for how the game plays naturally before I amend.

By biggest gripe with the game is lack of weather control as in DBC14. Just don't understand why we don't get control of it

And clouds are rarer than rocking horse sh'it!

Right I've started a new test match

Pakistan v SA
Dusty/Soft/Uneven/light cracks.

To be honest only changed a few things slightly from default as it seems to be playing like I'd think it would just from the settings above ^. Using the older @wealey88 sliders as a guide.
() = default
Pace Speed Min - 60 (50)
Pace Speed Max - 80 (50)
Pace Swing - 55 (71)
Pace Spin - 45 (33)
Pitch Friction - 70 (50)
Spin Turn - 65 (33)
Shot Force 45 (50)

Just a simple good length ball from Steyn is hitting the stumps at the top of the stickers on the stumps the highest pasrt of the ball is inline with the top of the Big Any stickers on the stumps.

Very early on as only bowled 5 overs so far. But it's great to see that the main pitch settings make the biggest difference in playing feel (like it should) only really need to tweak a tiny amount on the sliders.

Last edited:
Pro difficulty, Bowling set to easy and with default game modifier settings. Pakistan (AI) in second innings were 9/269. But last wicket pair of yasir shah and Amir added 92 runs and I simulated out of frustration.

Right I've started a new test match

Pakistan v SA
Dusty/Soft/Uneven/light cracks.

To be honest only changed a few things slightly from default as it seems to be playing like I'd think it would just from the settings above ^. Using the older @wealey88 sliders as a guide.
() = default
Pace Speed Min - 60 (50)
Pace Speed Max - 80 (50)
Pace Swing - 55 (71)
Pace Spin - 45 (33)
Pitch Friction - 65 (50)
Shot Force 45 (50)

Just a simple good length ball from Steyn is hitting the stumps at the top of the stickers on the stumps the highest pasrt of the ball is inline with the top of the Big Any stickers on the stumps.

Very early on as only bowled 5 overs so far. But it's great to see that the main pitch settings make the biggest difference in playing feel (like it should) only really need to tweak a tiny amount on the sliders.

Guess you would turn spin up as well! Let me know how it goes!!

Users who are viewing this thread