Wealeys slider and skills playtest! OP updated with sliders!!

I'm going to test a low rated Netherlands v England or something to put this theory to bed. Bowling as both teams, same pitch etc.

I refuse to believe Big Ant could make the attributes not mattering mistake twice.

It is not off to a great start. I decided to play Oman v South Africa and the Omani openers are slapping Rabada and Abbott everywhere. No, no, no, this can't be happening :(

As I said before, I am loving the game and these are the only areas that I would change if I could:

Fielding 1 cam for human batting

Attributes which I previously said either don't matter or don't matter enough. You can't make a team of no hopers

Finally sliders resetting which is a minor little bug.

Oh and it's always pretty sunny @BigAntStudios us in England arnt used to that ;)

I don't care what anyone says though, this game is so In depth and you won't fully appreciate it u till you have bowled 200 plus overs or more, the variation of edges this time is amazing, however Bowling someone through the gate is haaaaaaard!!!

As I said before, I am loving the game and these are the only areas that I would change if I could:

Fielding 1 cam for human batting

Attributes which I previously said either don't matter or don't matter enough. You can't make a team of no hopers

Finally sliders resetting which is a minor little bug.

Oh and it's always pretty sunny @BigAntStudios us in England arnt used to that ;)

I don't care what anyone says though, this game is no I depth and you won't fully appreciate it u till you have bowled 200 plus overs or more.

I find attributes not mattering an astonishing omission. Even Lara 2005 had that in. Bowling is great but a few more leaves would be nice in tests.

I see they are even around on christmas weekend looking at ways to improve this game but Id say it will take a lot of remedial work if they intended us to play with a generic team of XI every match. Back to testing as I want to have a hefty lot of evidence to back this up. Oman are currently 64-0 against South Africa

I find attributes not mattering an astonishing omission. Even Lara 2005 had that in. Bowling is great but a few more leaves would be nice in tests.

I see they are even around on christmas weekend looking at ways to improve this game but Id say it will take a lot of remedial work if they intended us to play with a generic team of XI every match. Back to testing as I want to have a hefty lot of evidence to back this up. Oman are currently 64-0 against South Africa

Trust me, I had both Pakistanis 40* yesterday with all Batting stats at 5. They don't affect it.

Which for me I'm actually not overly fussed about. Just means the teams lack a bit of character.

Mentality definitely work to an extent. But Jimmy Anderson with bowling set to 95 will swing it no more than Broad set to 55.

Saying that mine was hardly shining all day yesterday was too sunny ! Ha.

I can't put the game down though, just keeping wanting one more over!!!

@wealey88

With the Spin Bounce & Spin Flight Sliders i think they're for the delivery itself. As with the 1st sliders you used and i used. I noticed when trying for example a off spinner hold it for a off break then turn up the bounce until the line is at the bottom (6 on a clock face) the ball flies up out of the hand like a moon ball. I did put it in a video. It's in the 1st video on post [HASHTAG]#321[/HASHTAG] @ 0:48 seconds this is with spin bounce set to 1 as per the sliders you set as well.

Tested in a 5/5 With Rashid/Root Everything else on default - Spin Bounce 0 = moon ball / Spin Bounce 100 = very fast speared in delivery 82mph
I have also looked at the bounce the bowler gets from bowling a normal off break having spin bounce 0 or 100. There was minimal difference in bounce from 0-100 half a ball height maybe.

My first test match has finished within 3 days. I have the clips of the final day but not many clips to be honest. I have the final scorecard screenshot if you want to see that maybe?
So I'll be looking to start a new test match maybe in the next few hours. Thinking sub con, but don't really know where to start with the pitch/sliders.

So I'd definitely say sub continent would be low and slow.

So Dusty or Crumbly.
Low Bounce
Normal Ball Bounce then decrease
High pitch friction
Lots of turn
Minimal swing

Trust me, I had both Pakistanis 40* yesterday with all Batting stats at 5. They don't affect it.

Which for me I'm actually not overly fussed about. Just means the teams lack a bit of character.

Mentality definitely work to an extent. But Jimmy Anderson with bowling set to 95 will swing it no more than Broad set to 55.

Saying that mine was hardly shining all day yesterday was too sunny ! Ha.

I can't put the game down though, just keeping wanting one more over!!!

Its a game breaker for me. Sorry if you are bowling against England or the Netherlands or your village XI, you want it to be a little different surely.

I can confirm it doesnt make any difference how the teams are set up, but if I go to Big Ant with that complaint I will need a lot more than anecdotal evidence.

Maybe someone can test with batting? Set some players to 0 and open up in a test and see how easy it is compared with maxed players.

Oman are 99 for 1 against SA. Maybe it is my bowling. I am going to play a 0 skill rated team against a maxed out team bowling as both sides and see what happens

Last edited:
Ive got a team of min skilled players 12 for 4 which is fine with no alterations to sliders. Maybe messing around with the gameplay sliders is changing the AI?

Ive got a team of min skilled players 12 for 4 which is fine with no alterations to sliders. Maybe messing around with the gameplay sliders is changing the AI?
Proper dismissles or chips to fielders. Maybe there's a particular attribute that is essential to making them useless

Proper dismissles or chips to fielders. Maybe there's a particular attribute that is essential to making them useless

26 for 5. 4 lbws 1chip to fielder

TBF to Big Ant batting position does have an impact on a batsman's average. A batsman batting lower down the order will have a lower average compared to when he's batting in the top order as he will have less opportunities for scoring big scores and most of the time will have to bat with the tail. If I had to code the logic I would put some weight on the batting position as well coz the same batsman coming in at 4 should average higher compared to when the same batsman comes in at 9.

At the same time you dont expect a usual no 11 coming in at no 4 as a night watchman to go on and score a run a ball 100? (although I have seen a few score 100's!)

Pro Or Veteran. Pitch? Encouraging, have you lowered anything in particular?

Pro easy bowling. Lets see what happens when a normal strength SA bat. Green pitch no cracks no wear. I have lowered everything to 0 except bowling

Min skilled england 58 all out. All bowled or lbw. One nick one lobbed catch. Normal skilled SA to bat

So for what it is worth with such a short test (I need to go out) I think we can say that the attributes do have an effect. Bowling as both teams sliders off just normal Pro easy bowling.

All of SA's wickets were gifted lobs, all of Englands were beaten for LBW or bowled and I think there were two genuine edges.

There was maybe a nod to the mentality as well with Brute Amla (who on earth decided he was a Brute?) trying to smash a ball out the park and getting caught.

I have a theory that whenever you play around with these sliders the AI changes and becomes some sort of generic opponent in order to cope with the altered physics?

Just a theory. I will play an ODI tonight between SA and Oman without any slider changes, and hopefully SA will comfortably win.

15591466_10207486012541071_8935293311511027517_o.jpg

15626057_10207486011421043_5535599161675777265_o.jpg

Last edited:
I have no idea of the reference but the ignore is working a treat, it was only two or three ignores and threads are pretty clean to read.

I am sure this stuff will be good for the guys at BA to go through, keep up the good work :)

Likewise, not sure of the reference but the ignore button is working a treat for me for the Planetcricket/Big Ant NKVD that parade around here. As is ignoring the game at the shops until its in some form of state that justifies the extraordinary price. ;)

Last edited:
So for what it is worth with such a short test (I need to go out) I think we can say that the attributes do have an effect. Bowling as both teams sliders off just normal Pro easy bowling.

All of SA's wickets were gifted lobs, all of Englands were beaten for LBW or bowled and I think there were two genuine edges.

There was maybe a nod to the mentality as well with Brute Amla (who on earth decided he was a Brute?) trying to smash a ball out the park and getting caught.

I have a theory that whenever you play around with these sliders the AI changes and becomes some sort of generic opponent in order to cope with the altered physics?

Just a theory. I will play an ODI tonight between SA and Oman without any slider changes, and hopefully SA will comfortably win.

15591466_10207486012541071_8935293311511027517_o.jpg

15626057_10207486011421043_5535599161675777265_o.jpg
Very positive. Literally everything to 0?! I may try that but with sliders

Users who are viewing this thread