Wealeys slider and skills playtest! OP updated with sliders!!

Got a nice video of a fielder getting nutmegged while fielding (refused to react to an overthrow).

Also if anyone is having problems with byes just move your keeper back. Haven't got a bye since...

Got a nice video of a fielder getting nutmegged while fielding (refused to react to an overthrow).

Also if anyone is having problems with byes just move your keeper back. Haven't got a bye since...
Yeh I often get overthrows when fielders just refuse to move, so I usually just hold the ball but sometimes the game refuses to advance unless you throw it in.

I have a feeling that the mentalities were being stymied by having custom fielders, a guy or two on the boundary. Im going to play a couple of innings without changing fields and see what happens.

The cricket is sublime though. 5 for 21 from Stokes allowed England to enforce the follow on.

End of Day 2 in my test. A few things of note. I think bowler confidence has an effect on the batsmen. The moment i brought on Stokes to bowl (100% con) the feel of the game changed. Batsmen much more careful, could be a coincidence i know. he took 2 quick wickets and looked very threatening. I had the batsmen take a review for a nick off and the sound was there but no hot spot but still given out :) Anderson hit a stunning drive on the up as well ! Sorry for the videos getting towards 3 mins I tried to cut them down but i'm still getting used to xbox upload studio. Overall i'm enjoying this alot and slowly getting better at it. Few gripes here or there (over throws way too often/keeper letting byes go for four) Maybe due to the sliders.

Part 1 Love the dismissal at 2:04 !

Part 2

Last edited:
Yeah I've noticed that with confidence, I've been playing a test with England v India at the Ageas Bowl (which incidentally has a stand facing away from the pitch, great for watching my style of cricket :D ) Stokes & Woakes struggled while Broad & Anderson destroyed them, you could see the difference in mentality with the batsmen, especially with Woakes where they seemed to go after everything.

England finished their innings with a lead of around 195, Anderson & Broad both took early wickets to put them under pressure yet Stokes & Woakes both still had the low confidence they finished the 1st innings with which has allowed India to recover slightly, while I wouldn't expect them to be at 100% given the match situation and the pressure India are under I'd have expected their confidence to have recovered a bit to allow them to bowl a bit better.

Would anyone be able to post me some scorecards showing how this darned mentality thing works? As Cook late cuts Moeen Ali for his second six, I am just not seeing it anywhere. Going to have a bat.

Had a weird one today... ball hit batsmans body, onto his arm, onto his bat looped up and caught by keeper as they ran.

Given not out and they were awarded a bye!

Also the cheapest wicket I have ever seen in this or 14... ball just outside off, batsman leaps 3 foot outside off and shoulders arm, ball hits him on the ass and richocets to rip out middle stump.

Have both on video, will post.

I'm hoping to get my match finished tonight. I was up playing till 6am this morning :)

@wealey88 If theres any setting you want me to try in my next match I'm all ears.

Had a weird one today... ball hit batsmans body, onto his arm, onto his bat looped up and caught by keeper as they ran.

Also the cheapest wicket I have ever seen in this or 14... ball just outside off, batsman leaps 3 foot outside off and shoulders arm, ball hits him on the ass and richocets to rip out middle stump.

Yes ive had two of those ass ricochet wickets

Have seen this a few times on occasions when they leave they go way outside off![DOUBLEPOST=1482537001][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm hoping to get my match finished tonight. I was up playing till 6am this morning :)

@wealey88 If theres any setting you want me to try in my next match I'm all ears.

Mayb create the perfect sub continent slider settings for a pitch!

If I'm honest ass richochet wickets I just exit and restart. Keeps it realistic and I loose 6 balls at worst!

Users who are viewing this thread