Wealeys slider and skills playtest! OP updated with sliders!!

@wealey88 have you found it difficult to get Rashid's balls to pitch outside off stump? Been trying for a while but nothing is pitching anyway other then inline with the stumps...
Found the same with both Rashid and Yasir, not sure if it's to do with bowling difficulty but no matter how wide you press the stick it won't go wide of the stumps, pretty annoying when the batsman is targeting the leg side

Don't know what Iv done but the ball is not swinging at all for the seamers and it's set for 90! I think of you have sunshine that put pay to u getting any swing!

Day 1 Session 3

India fought their way back into the test as the ball began to turn under lights. Pakistan started the session slowly but solidly with Asam making most of the early runs until Sharma bowled with a beauty of an inswinger on a good length that hit the top of off stump and 5 balls later Younis fell playing across the line to Ashwin LBW. Pakistan then began to recover with Aslam pulling Sharma twice in an over and seemed to be heading for 50 until he played all around a full leg side ball from Mishra and the ball cannoned off his pads into the stumps. Misbah and Malik were able to survive until close but scoring continued at a slow rate with just 87 runs coming from 34 overs at 2.5 an over.
Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Was also really nice to see the pink surface of the ball breaking up as it got older as well as pink marks on the bat
Screenshot-Original.png

Going to document a 3 test series between England and Pakistan with highlights of all the best bits.

For 20 overs have been a cat and mouse affair with Pakistan coming out on top. Some really nice moment and some tweaking of the sliders.

At the moment my spinners are bouncing the ball a little too much even with Spin Bounce turned down to 1.

Hope you enjoy and I'm going to use this thread for tweaks and advice etc!!

1st Test Pakistan v England
Lahore
Crumbly Wearing Hard Pitch
Pakistan
85/0
22 Overs

For me the sliders allow you to almost replicate the pitch you are playing on true to life so for example:

Old Trafford:

Hard-Grassy-Prestine

Pace Speed Min - 60 as bowlers tire their Speed won't fall off a cliff unrealistically

Pace Speed Max - 86 gives us that realistic zip off the pitch this will be same throughout game mainly

Spin Bounce- 50 pitch is hard so Bounce will be there, this will decrease as gam goes on though and the ball gets softer.

Spin Flight - 50
Pace Swing - 85
English conditions, it's going to swing and the seamers need to be a handful. You can decrease this a little as the ball gets older.

Pace Turn - 33 unlikely to grip early on, can up this through day 3-5

Spin Drift - 33
Spin Turn - 70
nothing too exaggerated as English pitches offer very little. This combined with low friction should mean to start with spinners arnt doing much!

Pitch Friction - 30 at this stage we don't want the spinners getting much grip. The new ball should be zipping through. Again you could increase as the game goes on through days 3-5 as the pitch wears slightly!

Pitch Bounce - 90 first few days and you want this hard English seamer to be going through to the keeper at head height and be able to execute some naughty bouncers. If one flies over the keepers head for four byes so be it, it happens! This can be reduced as the game goes on depending on the pitch you are trying to simulate!

Ball Friction - 30 while it's new should be very little. It's grassy and it's normally live grass so should be zipping off. Different in the sub continent. Again will change as the ball gets older!

Ball Bounce - 80 this simulates the Condition of the ball. Hard new ball will be flying through with good bounce. Overs 30 onwards you will gradually decrease this as the old ball won't do too much. Even more satisfying when you get the new nut in ur hands and ramp it up again. Will feel genuinely like you got a new ball visually!!

Shot Force - 50 new ball will ping off the bat. Decrease this as the ball gets older to
Simulate the softness of the ball. Edges won't fly as far etc!

Let me know what you think boys and I'll put it in orginal post. This would be my Fast English set up.

Adjusting Bounce of ball to simulate its hardness is very important as well as the bounce in pitch decreasing!!

You may also want to decrease the swing mocvement as the ball ghets older but in England it tends to always stick around!!

Thanks for these slider settings.

So just to clarify, does flattening of the pitch, increase in spin, softening of the ball happen naturally at all in the game without having to manually adjust the sliders?

Also, the pace turn setting. Dont know if you watched the last Ashes series when but from day 1 in pretty much every test the ball was nipping around like a kid without shoes on in a carpark on a hot day. Id have this up personally playing in England.

Found the same with both Rashid and Yasir, not sure if it's to do with bowling difficulty but no matter how wide you press the stick it won't go wide of the stumps, pretty annoying when the batsman is targeting the leg side

You need to press the right stick to 9 or 3 o'clock (depending if the batsman is left or right handed) and it'll go wide of the off stump.

You need to press the right stick to 9 or 3 o'clock (depending if the batsman is left or right handed) and it'll go wide of the off stump.
Ah I'll give this a go next time I'm bowling but yeh I definitely didn't try going that fully wide.

Ok so this is what happens when the Pakistanis came to our back yard! Good old Old Trafford wicket with a nice layer of grass!!

@blockerdave @Dutch @karolkarol @Dridge118 @kasabian21 @Langeveldt habe you had any nicks to slips off seamers? Worried it's a only on pro difficulty! Also bowleds on veteran are tough! Did manage one though as your see!!

I posted some wickets a few pages back which include several nicks off seamers and thats on veteran difficulty, think I got 4 or 5 in the first innings

I'm going to see what it's like on pro. However I love how they bat on veteran!

@wealey88 I have only bowled on Pro. I don't find there are enough bowleds and LBWs on any other setting.

How are things looking with the mentalities? I had Buttler and Stokes lift a few aerial balls in England's innings.

@wealey88 I have only bowled on Pro. I don't find there are enough bowleds and LBWs on any other setting.

How are things looking with the mentalities? I had Buttler and Stokes lift a few aerial balls in England's innings.

Wait do to confirm you get LBWS and bowleds on pro a lot? I have had some on veteran! No nicks to slips off seamers just spinners

Users who are viewing this thread