Wealeys slider and skills playtest! OP updated with sliders!!

So veteren for bowling it is.

What about batting?

Thanks

Also, in DBC 14, when setting defensive fields in T20's and one day matches I noticed the AI's run rate would drop to about 3 rpo and they played horrible chip shots to get out. How do they play when setting defensive fields now? Thanks in advance.

From what I have seen, I don't believe you can split the AI difficulty for batting and bowling - you pick one match difficulty (Pro/Veteran etc.) and then can vary the input difficulty for each of batting and bowling (easy/medium etc.) which doesn't affect the AI but varies the controls (e.g. width of timing windows).

I'd have thought the best option would be to put the AI higher and then bring the bat/bowl difficulty down if required, since then you are still getting a more responsive opponent but you've got more flexibility with gameplay (and are likely to land more deliveries.in the green timing zones etc.).

Ok boys I'm going to finish England innings which Pakistan should win late on Day 5 and the. Update the OP with slider settings.

However I'm going to do sliders for each pitch type. So my next game I'm going to welcome back the exact same Pakistan team to Old Trafford.

Sliders for this test will hopefully simulate what an Old Trafford pitch will be like:

Bounce
Grassy
Dry
Hard
Prestine

The Ball Bounce will be increased for first 30 overs. Then decreased as it gets softer. In England lush outfields preserve the ball longer.

Swing will stay constant as it's in England.

Any other input from you guys for this test?

@Dutch @blockerdave @Dridge118 @DAP @Langeveldt @karolkarol

I am a bit confused. Does the bounce etc change dynamically as the pitch wear, or must you manually change the sliders each time to change pitch dynamics?

Ok boys I'm going to finish England innings which Pakistan should win late on Day 5 and the. Update the OP with slider settings.

However I'm going to do sliders for each pitch type. So my next game I'm going to welcome back the exact same Pakistan team to Old Trafford.

Sliders for this test will hopefully simulate what an Old Trafford pitch will be like:

Bounce
Grassy
Dry
Hard
Prestine

The Ball Bounce will be increased for first 30 overs. Then decreased as it gets softer. In England lush outfields preserve the ball longer.

Swing will stay constant as it's in England.

Any other input from you guys for this test?

@Dutch @blockerdave @Dridge118 @DAP @Langeveldt @karolkarol
Sounds good to me!

For me the sliders allow you to almost replicate the pitch you are playing on true to life so for example:

Old Trafford:

Hard-Grassy-Prestine

Pace Speed Min - 60 as bowlers tire their Speed won't fall off a cliff unrealistically

Pace Speed Max - 86 gives us that realistic zip off the pitch this will be same throughout game mainly

Spin Bounce- 50 pitch is hard so Bounce will be there, this will decrease as gam goes on though and the ball gets softer.

Spin Flight - 50
Pace Swing - 85
English conditions, it's going to swing and the seamers need to be a handful. You can decrease this a little as the ball gets older.

Pace Turn - 33 unlikely to grip early on, can up this through day 3-5

Spin Drift - 33
Spin Turn - 70
nothing too exaggerated as English pitches offer very little. This combined with low friction should mean to start with spinners arnt doing much!

Pitch Friction - 30 at this stage we don't want the spinners getting much grip. The new ball should be zipping through. Again you could increase as the game goes on through days 3-5 as the pitch wears slightly!

Pitch Bounce - 90 first few days and you want this hard English seamer to be going through to the keeper at head height and be able to execute some naughty bouncers. If one flies over the keepers head for four byes so be it, it happens! This can be reduced as the game goes on depending on the pitch you are trying to simulate!

Ball Friction - 30 while it's new should be very little. It's grassy and it's normally live grass so should be zipping off. Different in the sub continent. Again will change as the ball gets older!

Ball Bounce - 80 this simulates the Condition of the ball. Hard new ball will be flying through with good bounce. Overs 30 onwards you will gradually decrease this as the old ball won't do too much. Even more satisfying when you get the new nut in ur hands and ramp it up again. Will feel genuinely like you got a new ball visually!!

Shot Force - 50 new ball will ping off the bat. Decrease this as the ball gets older to
Simulate the softness of the ball. Edges won't fly as far etc!

Let me know what you think boys and I'll put it in orginal post. This would be my Fast English set up.

Adjusting Bounce of ball to simulate its hardness is very important as well as the bounce in pitch decreasing!!

You may also want to decrease the swing mocvement as the ball gets older but in England it tends to always stick around!!

My pitch must have been hard because the keeper was taking some full balls at head height with the pitch bounce slider at 65!

For me the sliders allow you to almost replicate the pitch you are playing on true to life so for example:

Old Trafford:

Hard-Grassy-Prestine

Pace Speed Min - 60 as bowlers tire their Speed won't fall off a cliff unrealistically

Pace Speed Max - 86 gives us that realistic zip off the pitch this will be same throughout game mainly

Spin Bounce- 50 pitch is hard so Bounce will be there, this will decrease as gam goes on though and the ball gets softer.

Spin Flight - 50
Pace Swing - 85
English conditions, it's going to swing and the seamers need to be a handful. You can decrease this a little as the ball gets older.

Pace Turn - 33 unlikely to grip early on, can up this through day 3-5

Spin Drift - 33
Spin Turn - 70
nothing too exaggerated as English pitches offer very little. This combined with low friction should mean to start with spinners arnt doing much!

Pitch Friction - 30 at this stage we don't want the spinners getting much grip. The new ball should be zipping through. Again you could increase as the game goes on through days 3-5 as the pitch wears slightly!

Pitch Bounce - 90 first few days and you want this hard English seamer to be going through to the keeper at head height and be able to execute some naughty bouncers. If one flies over the keepers head for four byes so be it, it happens! This can be reduced as the game goes on depending on the pitch you are trying to simulate!

Ball Friction - 30 while it's new should be very little. It's grassy and it's normally live grass so should be zipping off. Different in the sub continent. Again will change as the ball gets older!

Ball Bounce - 80 this simulates the Condition of the ball. Hard new ball will be flying through with good bounce. Overs 30 onwards you will gradually decrease this as the old ball won't do too much. Even more satisfying when you get the new nut in ur hands and ramp it up again. Will feel genuinely like you got a new ball visually!!

Shot Force - 50 new ball will ping off the bat. Decrease this as the ball gets older to
Simulate the softness of the ball. Edges won't fly as far etc!

Let me know what you think boys and I'll put it in orginal post. This would be my Fast English set up.

Adjusting Bounce of ball to simulate its hardness is very important as well as the bounce in pitch decreasing!!

You may also want to decrease the swing mocvement as the ball gets older but in England it tends to always stick around!!

This is absolutely the way forward - if sliders can be changed mid-match and you guys are actually noticing a difference in gameplay when altering them then you can pretty much replicate any pitch conditions and progression anywhere in the world - genius.

Would be intrigued to know if the pitch plays differently through the match independent of changing the sliders as well, if anyone has played a Test to try that out?

This is absolutely the way forward - if sliders can be changed mid-match and you guys are actually noticing a difference in gameplay when altering them then you can pretty much replicate any pitch conditions and progression anywhere in the world - genius.

Would be intrigued to know if the pitch plays differently through the match independent of changing the sliders as well, if anyone has played a Test to try that out?

Yeah my sliders went to default without me realising and not much changed!

So for example now I'm
Finishing the forth innings off in Lahore.

I have kept seamers pace up but thought really in Pakistan they would be getting it stump high on a crumbly pitch.

So day five I have lowered ball and pitch bounce. Pitch is old and so is ball.

And really ramped up friction for both!

So now I got a turning day 5 low bouncing pitch

The umpires giving dodgy stumpings is a small bug, foot in the air/on the line is a little out. Woakes just got beaten all ends up but def in his crease and given out! Not what England needed!

I now have a raging turner on Day 5!

Love this game

Yes i would also like to know if it does indeed change at all independently. I think its great that we can create any conditions at will, but surely it should be done automatically as well?

I now have a raging turner on Day 5!

Reminds me of one of my most memorable but awkard holidays to the greek islands....

Good job there Wealey! That would be cool to have a list of set-ups for different pitches around the world!

Reminds me of one of my most memorable but awkard holidays to the greek islands....

Good job there Wealey! That would be cool to have a list of set-ups for different pitches around the world!

Yeah I'm on it! Just managed to get my slow low turner in lower to produce a edge to the keeper that has not carried off the quick![DOUBLEPOST=1482491234][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh this game!!! THIS GAME!!!!!

Video
Incoming!!

Yeah I'm on it! Just managed to get my slow low turner in lower to produce a edge to the keeper that has not carried off the quick![DOUBLEPOST=1482491234][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh this game!!! THIS GAME!!!!!

Video
Incoming!!

Great - would be useful to have the "Day 5 sliders" for your low turner posted if you get a chance!

Users who are viewing this thread