Wealeys slider and skills playtest! OP updated with sliders!!

I have seen this happen also. I only play career mode and have the ball marker set to where I like it, but every 3rd game or so the marker timing will be completely off. I then just go into the gameplay modifiers, move it down one point, and then back to where I had it. It prompts me about the change being made, hit OK and it works for another few games before I have to go move it again.

Think that settles it then! For what it's worth didnt think I would but I love the look of the new scorecard ha!

There's so much tweaking of skills and attributes to do it's crazy. So many different combos. Misbah 200 is my base to start with. Checked and he's rates high!!!![DOUBLEPOST=1482442176][/DOUBLEPOST]
@wealey88 need to get my hands on the PC Version of the game to tell you more my experience with the wlders, just a short wait now!
They are brilliant, just seems like they are slightly bugged with reverting to default.

Reactions: DAP
Glad you agree! Don't necessarily think it helps you bowl them out because England just put on 100 with the sliders set.

I think they are more for how you want your pitch to play etc.

Although I still can't get the ball to rag square with the spinners!

The reset is a bug then. Also when you reapply them u have to re do each one for them to take affect again.[DOUBLEPOST=1482441614][/DOUBLEPOST]Tense finish!

I've just got them 30-3 with the sliders on so it seems to helping, I think (inb4 they're 300-3!).Just taken the best wicket I've had though. Inswinging short ball to Elgar who tries to cut it and it just cracks him on the forearm and deflects onto the stumps!

I've just got them 30-3 with the sliders on so it seems to helping, I think (inb4 they're 300-3!).Just taken the best wicket I've had though. Inswinging short ball to Elgar who tries to cut it and it just cracks him on the forearm and deflects onto the stumps!

Show me Show me!! ;)

I'd love a list of pitch conditions and what they are programmed to do!

Day 1 Session 2

Another big session as India collapse to 177 all out. 7 balls into the session Sharma edged to 2nd slip off Sohails outswinger before Jadeja played a few nice shots off Wahabs bowling. Jadeja's fluency fell away and after a few streaky plays and misses against Yasir he edged a cut through to the keeper. Ashwin was then bowled a few balls later stepping across a googly and being bowled off stump. Saha then played a few shots before edging Yasir through to the keeper and Sharma smashed two 4s before he was bowled leg stump again by Yasir, meaning that on a greentop on day 1 Yasir ended with a 5 wicket haul. I feel like I need to mess around with the sliders to make spin a little less effective although it wasnt particularly turning big anyway.

My innings then began poorly as 3 balls in I left a inswinging full ball like a muppet and my off peg flew out the ground leaving Ali out for 4. Azam and Aslam then played conservatively for a few overs looking to make it to the end of the session as Ashwin bowled tightly and Sharma threatened. Towards the end of the session Sharma began a barrage of short balls at 130ks which were easily smashed to the rope and ruined his figures. Overall really enjoying these test matches much more than the career mode which isn't how I thought it would be. Bowling is so much better in this game than any other cricket game I've played.

Screenshot-Original.png

Day 1 Session 2

Another big session as India collapse to 177 all out. 7 balls into the session Sharma edged to 2nd slip off Sohails outswinger before Jadeja played a few nice shots off Wahabs bowling. Jadeja's fluency fell away and after a few streaky plays and misses against Yasir he edged a cut through to the keeper. Ashwin was then bowled a few balls later stepping across a googly and being bowled off stump. Saha then played a few shots before edging Yasir through to the keeper and Sharma smashed two 4s before he was bowled leg stump again by Yasir, meaning that on a greentop on day 1 Yasir ended with a 5 wicket haul. I feel like I need to mess around with the sliders to make spin a little less effective although it wasnt particularly turning big anyway.

My innings then began poorly as 3 balls in I left a inswinging full ball like a muppet and my off peg flew out the ground leaving Ali out for 4. Azam and Aslam then played conservatively for a few overs looking to make it to the end of the session as Ashwin bowled tightly and Sharma threatened. Towards the end of the session Sharma began a barrage of short balls at 130ks which were easily smashed to the rope and ruined his figures. Overall really enjoying these test matches much more than the career mode which isn't how I thought it would be. Bowling is so much better in this game than any other cricket game I've played.

Screenshot-Original.png

To be fair a a wrist spinner can cause issues on any pitch if they are good enough!

Santner Clause has come early this year for England's batsmen, who are busy cashing in on a dead dog at Lord's.

15675920_10207475898248220_3556325345273234833_o.jpg

Also if anyone wants to see some of the wickets here they are, afraid you'll have to watch on the xbox player cause my internet is way too slow to upload them 3 times (xbox, then upload studio clip and then again to youtube)

India first (skip to 20s): Game Clip: Don Bradman Cricket 17
second: Game Clip: Don Bradman Cricket 17
play and miss to an outswinger: Game Clip: Don Bradman Cricket 17
short ball play and miss: Game Clip: Don Bradman Cricket 17
Incredibly close to an edge off the spinner: Game Clip: Don Bradman Cricket 17
third (beautiful edge from cut off yasir): Game Clip: Don Bradman Cricket 17
fourth(drs review only, missed the delivery annoyingly): Game Clip: Don Bradman Cricket 17
fifth: Game Clip: Don Bradman Cricket 17
sixth: Game Clip: Don Bradman Cricket 17
seventh: Game Clip: Don Bradman Cricket 17

I just had that problem with the sliders... After playing battlefield 1 for a few hours. Came back to this and the sliders didnt take effect. I tried moving one slider by one then moving back and setting but i had to default them all and reset them. Now waiting for the One Drive to show the video i've made... (It's nothing special just a few clips)

Tea on day 3.

Having the sliders on for the full innings made a huge difference. The AI batsmen were far more aggressive until I set a far more defensive field (only one slip and a gully, with a sweeper on each boundary) and then the aerial shots stopped, the run rate went down and they played far more sensibly. They still got skittled of course (no slogs though, just normal shots mistimed or edged), but it might be food for thought for future matches and trying to achieve a realistic test mindset and outcome with regards to AI shot selection.

Obviously I kept the sliders on for the start of my second innings. Facing Steyn at 110mph is a quite challenging!

DSC_0529.JPG

Just finished Day 1 Eng v Aus test match with pitch Grassy,hard,Pristine,Light cracks. Difficulty on easy bowling and Veteran. chose England then chose LORDS download with the team. With sliders in this thread

Fought back a little AUS finish the day on 351-9 off 85 overs. Had quite a few over throws in this innings so far. But as @Dutch was singing earlier... The new ball is a weapon alright! Instant impact with it... (after it took me a while to find how to take the new ball :facepalm) Took 3 wickets in 1st 2 overs with the new ball with AUS on 333-6 turned into 333-9.

I just keep feeding the cut shot too much. I'm slowly getting better tho & i'm really enjoying it.

Still no video yet seems like it's not appearing in my one-drive folder. Sorry about that Hopefully get this sorted in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread