Wealeys slider and skills playtest! OP updated with sliders!!

Screenshot-Original.png

Day 1 session 1

As you can see, a pretty manic first session. India on the whole played a very attacking knock and went at over 4 an over but at the cost of 5 wickets on a typical green topper at Trent Bridge. Vijay went first nicking off to the slips. Pujara played a few lovely shots before a suprise bouncer had him caught at square leg. Kohli then started to counter attack while Dhawan held down an end well and the 50 partnership came up in just 70 balls before a shock wicket. Yasir Shah who had come on to hold an end had kohli caught by the keeper off a top edge. Rahane came in and continued the onslaught that Kohli had begun but Dhawan began to play and miss at a few before being removed lbw by a googly from yasir on DRS after being given not out by the umpire. Sharma came in and played for Lunch but Rajane continued to attack until in the final over before lunch he edged a late cut behind to the keeper. Really enjoying bowling on this game so far, all the dismissals felt great and I was able to beat the bat a few times without surprise outswingers from my left armers. If people are bothered I might upload a video of the wickets later.
Screenshot-Original.png

Hope you don't me posting this again Wealers me old cucumber: much more dynamic now and a real tribute! Thanks for the work and the thread: epic! Crank them headphones up! (Endings a bit abrupt if anyone made to the end! :p )

Can confirm it definitely happens! Got a little video illustrating it. It's easy to tell cos the pace drops to normal figures on the scorecard!

Video didn't save basically after reloading pace was 140-150kpm ball hitting stumps half way up.

Sliders still change, but literally after pressing back and forward one increment and staying where it was pace goes to 170-180kph and the bounce modifier sends it flying over stumps.

Like I said minor issue as you can tell when it's happened so no big deal! Much better when the ball is coming off the pitch properly!

I knew it couldn't of gone that dead on day 1 so quick ahah ah!

Hope you don't me posting this again Wealers me old cucumber: much more dynamic now and a real tribute! Thanks for the work and the thread: epic! Crank them headphones up! (Endings a bit abrupt if anyone made to the end! :p )

Haha love that!! Glad everyone loving the thread and getting involved!

Screenshot-Original.png

Day 1 session 1

As you can see, a pretty manic first session. India on the whole played a very attacking knock and went at over 4 an over but at the cost of 5 wickets on a typical green topper at Trent Bridge. Vijay went first nicking off to the slips. Pujara played a few lovely shots before a suprise bouncer had him caught at square leg. Kohli then started to counter attack while Dhawan held down an end well and the 50 partnership came up in just 70 balls before a shock wicket. Yasir Shah who had come on to hold an end had kohli caught by the keeper off a top edge. Rahane came in and continued the onslaught that Kohli had begun but Dhawan began to play and miss at a few before being removed lbw by a googly from yasir on DRS after being given not out by the umpire. Sharma came in and played for Lunch but Rajane continued to attack until in the final over before lunch he edged a late cut behind to the keeper. Really enjoying bowling on this game so far, all the dismissals felt great and I was able to beat the bat a few times without surprise outswingers from my left armers. If people are bothered I might upload a video of the wickets later.
Screenshot-Original.png

Doooo it!post as much as you want!

Was thinking though.. ideally you would want to adjust the sliders depending on pitch and place really wouldn't you.

A crumbling wicket in Pakistan would be slow and low and not offer much to the seamers.

Whereas if you were at Perth you would crank it up massively.

It basically just gives us the freedom to create our own pitches and conditions.

In hindsight I'm now not overly sure that this pitch has changed much over the 5 days. Now I know that it was broken sliders. However the new ball is important and spinners definitely become more dangerous later in the game.

I'd love to actually see the pitch deteriorate or the ball visually spin more and more on a sub continent wicket .

Now that would be perfect!!

Ahhh I've had a shocker of a 2nd session on day 1. :lol

AUS 239-2

*OUT*Renshaw 60 (87)
Khawaja 121 (174)
Smith 49 (72)

Struggling with the spinners at the moment, not too threatening.
Dropped one chance in the session.

I have saved up some clips up and will do a re-cap later of some of the stand out things. If that's okay I'll probably put it in game-play vids thread or wherever

Ahhh I've had a shocker of a 2nd session on day 1. :lol

AUS 239-2

*OUT*Renshaw 60 (87)
Khawaja 121 (174)
Smith 49 (72)

Struggling with the spinners at the moment, not too threatening.
Dropped one chance in the session.

I have saved up some clips up and will do a re-cap later of some of the stand out things. If that's okay I'll probably put it in game-play vids thread or wherever

Stick them in here mate! More the merrier! Well you can't have spinners enjoying life on a green top can ya ;)

Stick them in here mate! More the merrier! Well you can't have spinners enjoying life on a green top can ya ;)

true ;) Thank you. I shall put it up later. Taking a break now(bit of battlefield 1). I normally only play career but i'm finding this much more fun at the moment. I've always favored bowling over batting. :)

@wealey88 yeah they definitely reset. I bowled 80 of the 95 overs without them on. No wonder it took me so long to bowl them out!

@wealey88 yeah they definitely reset. I bowled 80 of the 95 overs without them on. No wonder it took me so long to bowl them out!

Glad you agree! Don't necessarily think it helps you bowl them out because England just put on 100 with the sliders set.

I think they are more for how you want your pitch to play etc.

Although I still can't get the ball to rag square with the spinners!

The reset is a bug then. Also when you reapply them u have to re do each one for them to take affect again.[DOUBLEPOST=1482441614][/DOUBLEPOST]Tense finish!

Attachments

• IMG_4452.PNG
    IMG_4452.PNG
    135.2 KB · Views: 121
Glad you agree! Don't necessarily think it helps you bowl them out because England just put on 100 with the sliders set.

I think they are more for how you want your pitch to play etc.

Although I still can't get the ball to rag square with the spinners!

The reset is a bug then. Also when you reapply them u have to re do each one for them to take affect again.

I have seen this happen also. I only play career mode and have the ball marker set to where I like it, but every 3rd game or so the marker timing will be completely off. I then just go into the gameplay modifiers, move it down one point, and then back to where I had it. It prompts me about the change being made, hit OK and it works for another few games before I have to go move it again.

@wealey88 need to get my hands on the PC Version of the game to tell you more my experience with the wlders, just a short wait now!

Users who are viewing this thread