Wealeys slider and skills playtest! OP updated with sliders!!

I have been cricket gaming since Brian Lara 96 on the Mega Drive and that was the most satisfying day of cricket I have had. I am starting to see small differences in how the batsmen went about their work. The dead pitch took a bit of spin with the older ball when Santner induced a few edges, and there was no stage where it didn't feel like a real day of test cricket on a flat track at Lord's. What also impressed me were that there were no two dismissals that were alike.

There was a nice passage of play where Stokes got stuck into de Grandhomme and as he lost confidence became noticeably harder to bowl with.

15697657_10207479021286294_1419760256551967681_n.jpg

15590281_10207479023126340_161789858648438922_n.jpg

But there was no joy for Neil 'Waggy' Wagner as the flat pitch gave him nothing in the wickets column

15697976_10207479024686379_1803729572949105592_n.jpg

@wealey88 I played a bit of batting on a hard pitch with your bounce settings... unbelievable. Really tough you couldn't play forward to anything except yellow or blue. Go forward to anything green and it would get big on you and you'd edge it. AI started banging it in... amazing stuff.

Yes some issues remain but there's a great game under the hood.

Bowling is superb.

Ok boys I'm going to finish England innings which Pakistan should win late on Day 5 and the. Update the OP with slider settings.

However I'm going to do sliders for each pitch type. So my next game I'm going to welcome back the exact same Pakistan team to Old Trafford.

Sliders for this test will hopefully simulate what an Old Trafford pitch will be like:

Bounce
Grassy
Dry
Hard
Prestine

The Ball Bounce will be increased for first 30 overs. Then decreased as it gets softer. In England lush outfields preserve the ball longer.

Swing will stay constant as it's in England.

Any other input from you guys for this test?

@Dutch @blockerdave @Dridge118 @DAP @Langeveldt @karolkarol

Genuinely interested to know if you kept the sliders up would the pitch still change so you'd lose some bounce anyway.

Genuinely interested to know if you kept the sliders up would the pitch still change so you'd lose some bounce anyway.

From the first 3 innings I'd say no[DOUBLEPOST=1482492643][/DOUBLEPOST]
@wealey88 If you haven't started your new test yet throw in a left arm spinner like Ansari or Dawson.

I'm going to be at home though on a green top

@wealey88 Fair enough. What about including Finn then, see if there is a noticeable difference in bounce between him and Anderson given his height.

Oh my god!!

Pakistan win late on Day 5!

Shah on a turner was an absolute pleasure to play with the final wicket is so so nice!!

Anderson on the drive to the googly!

@Dutch @karolkarol @DAP @blockerdave @Dridge118 your appreciate this!!

[DOUBLEPOST=1482493995][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh my god!!

Pakistan win late on Day 5!

Shah on a turner was an absolute pleasure to play with the final wicket is so so nice!!

Anderson on the drive to the googly!

@Dutch @karolkarol @DAP @blockerdave @Dridge118 your appreciate this!!

Great to see you having some fun. Watching that slow mo hot spot review of the cut shot though...wowee, how did that ever get into the game?

Great to see you having some fun. Watching that slow mo hot spot review of the cut shot though...wowee, how did that ever get into the game?

Exactly my thought! Loving the videos @wealey88 ! Can't wait to get my own testing done!

Started Test match with NZ against Pak(AI)

Pro Difficulty
Bowling difficulty Easy

Pak(AI) batting and they are not defending much. They try to score of every ball.

Is there way to change this pattern?

Would the quick pitch wear option help on the pitch front, obviously not ideal for test matches but may make it more noticeable

@wealey88 have you found it difficult to get Rashid's balls to pitch outside off stump? Been trying for a while but nothing is pitching anyway other then inline with the stumps...

Users who are viewing this thread