Weirdest Places you've met a Cricketer!

WCC_bowler

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ok thought this would make a good thread to tell people the weirdest place(s) you've met a cricketer, or maybe just where you have met one (if any).

Some of my experiences are as follows:

A few years ago I was staying in the Mariott Hotel in Cardiff were the Australian touring side were also staying ahead of the Natwest Series Match @ Sophia Gardens, but we didn't see any of them until about one hour after arriving this was in the swimming pool, so me and my dad got into the pool and we saw no-one else in the pool at the time until Shane Warne came from underneath the pool right near us :eek: ! My Dad then asked him how he was doing and asked for any bowling tips he could give me which he did, he chatted to us for around 10 mins in the pool then headed off for the showers. Very sureal it was!
And while we were staying at the hotel we also got autographs of most aussies that didn't refuse to sign them and also met Steve Waugh and David 'Bumble' Lloyd in the Lift who was very chatty!

Also another time down at my Home local Club as part of the Natwest Cricket Force Scheme, Matty Hoggard and Jimmy Anderson came down in a helicopter to help paint the walls white :eek: They also got challenged from members of the club to a speed-o-meter test where one bowler from the club was actually faster than Hoggard on more than one occasion, not as quick as Jimmy though :cool:

Last edited:

WCC_bowler

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
FishBowlMan said:
If ever a forum post warranted a "caption competition"...

LOL! Maybe a What happened Next on Question of Sport :p

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Hmm, shortly after the Indians returned from a tour to some country (maybe Pakistan) last year, I saw John Wright and Adrian le Roux (or whoever the fitness guy was at that point) at a night club/pub. Wright went up and did Karaoke, too.

tassietiger

International Cricketer
I met Ricky Ponting in Tasmania once...he actually came back here!!!

beefy_botham

School Cricketer
I can honestly say I have met Derek Kenway (Recently of Hampshire fame) the opening batsman for Hampshire at the time, in a pub and had about five pints of lager with him. I've also met Alan Mullaly in Southampton's West Quay shopping presinct.

irottev

School Cricketer
I was at a restaurant where Chris Cairns was also at a few tables away. Didn't disturb him though. I also saw Kyle Mills at the Horse Races.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
In 2001, I helped operate the new electronic scoreboard at Headingley for the Ashes test on day one. I got to have lunch in the same room as the players, but couldn't talk to them.

One guess which player stayed longest for lunch, and ate the most :D

Users who are viewing this thread