West Indies in New Zealand

Who will win the ODI series and Test Series?

• New Zealand win both ODI series and Test Series

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • New Zealand win ODI series, West Indies win Test Series

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • West Indies win ODI series, New Zealand win Test Series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • West Indies win both ODI series and Test Series

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • West Indies win ODI series and Draw test series

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • New Zealand win ODI series and Draw test series

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll never forget Bond's 6-23 against the aussies at the 2003 WC.
That was him at his best...a clinical display...NZ will be hoping he gets back into that sort of devastating form.
As for the tests...im also excited.

They do have Edwards, definatly not Lee though :P

Hes actually changed his technique and doesn't come forward now, like he used to. WHich is probably a factor to him getting hit in the head.

How is missing out today, YESSSS!!

Ill be going down to watch. Weather is beautiful. I hope to see us bat first and put up 300 odd runs.

irottev said:

Ill be going down to watch. Weather is beautiful. I hope to see us bat first and put up 300 odd runs.

lucky you i will be watching the match over the internet hope windies put up a fight and win to make series interesting

Definatly should. Fleming takes the record for most capped ODI NZ player with 251. Of course Harris has 250 and that was the game where he dislocated his sholder and came out to bat but got that yorker and was bowled, when e had gotten sooo close to victory.

Vincent is really in the attack mode. He hit 25 runs in 21 balls with three sixes and one four already.

Just as I posted this he is out.

irottev said:

That's cool to know. I hope you have a nice day there. And don't streak. :)

Great bowling by Ian! He has picked up 3 wickets so far. WI back in this game, but they need to keep picking up wickets at regular interval.

At the moment: New Zealand 66/3 (16.0 ov)

I think New Zealand will have to rely again on the late middle order.

NZ won't touch 300 but they should get over 250. Currently 190/5 with Gayle and new all rounder Smith picking up the 2 new wickets. Good to see Marshall hit some runs. Must say Bradshaw took a bit of a hammering lucky he got those 3 wickets or he may have been hooked.

They should be able to win. Christchurch was where NZ chased down that record total iirc. Aus have made 300+ on this ground numerous times. So if Gayle fires look out.

Well atleast they'll have a bit of encouragement from their display in the field which is usually what they base their good performances on. NZ still have batted well but were still slightly restricted as Bradshaw gave his side some confident foundations. Hopefully the Windies can put up a fight to make it interesting.

WI is really on top of this match. This ground is really small! Even 300+ can be chased. The target is 277 for the West Indies to chase. 3 sixers by Astle on the last 3 balls and he's not out on 118 off 127. What a great inning by him. This target should not be a problem. The only problem for West Indies could be Bond.

The only thing I see in West Indies playing cricket is the same comparsion to the original 2004 Indian roster.

Users who are viewing this thread