West Indies in New Zealand

Who will win the ODI series and Test Series?

• New Zealand win both ODI series and Test Series

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • New Zealand win ODI series, West Indies win Test Series

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • West Indies win ODI series, New Zealand win Test Series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • West Indies win both ODI series and Test Series

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • West Indies win ODI series and Draw test series

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • New Zealand win ODI series and Draw test series

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They wanted to try How out again I guess.

A slow pitch probably didn't really suit Vincent.

West Indies 5/1 (6.5 ov)

West Indies didn't score for 20 balls a run now. If you count the wicket 21 balls now.

Disapointing effort by WI, I thought they would have done better. Losing Bravo I guess hasn't helped their cause. Also no Lara to save them, the poor Windies are getting a glimpse of the future with no Lara.

West Indies 87/4 (30.0 Ovs)

Hinds scored 13 runs in an over in the last one.

But still I am expecting New Zealand to win this match easily.

Hinds made 76 taking the Windies to 200/9 off their 50 overs. But wow what a hit back by the Windies. Bradshaw and Edwards have ripped apart the Black Caps taking 2 wickets each. NZ 15/4, game on!

im getting to like franklin now his decent with the ball and big striker with the bat

Vettori was amazing.

Bond is the best ODI bowler in cricket. Thats my opinion. Hes much more consistant and threatening than Lee.

We went pretty badly really, the conditions were very bowler friendly. Its good that we have such talented depth in the batting order.

irottev said:
Vettori was amazing.

Bond is the best ODI bowler in cricket. Thats my opinion. Hes much more consistant and threatening than Lee.

We went pretty badly really, the conditions were very bowler friendly. Its good that we have such talented depth in the batting order.

yeh an opinion of pure bias!

i guess the ICC doesnt agree with u.

hopefully Bravo will return next game.

28 dot balls in a row.

The ICC rankings don't take into account that hes been out of the game for years and has jumped up very quickly.

He has the best average and best strikerate with a fantastic economy rate. He bowled the last over and went for 1 run.

I mean you say Lee is the best, well Ponting does anyway. Lee on his day is fantastic, but Bond every day is fantastic. He must be one of the most consistant bowlers in the world.

I see his every game where you guys probably don't. So mabee I am bias. I might upload to the internet some of his bowling, ill record Christchurch.

I hope Bravo returns as well.

I am glad one of our many injured players will be back. Mills is replacing Mason. A bit of a shame because Mason was bowling very well.

Now we need Oram and Adams back for a full powered team.

Last edited:
Oram is definately a necessity

Bravo is the X-Factor of the Windies, he can win them games off his own bat or with the ball. He is just pivotal to their overall performance which is why it is such a shame he's always injured.
I also think Chris Gayle and Dwayne Smith need to stand up, they are the most powerful hitters in the team and really need to be counted.

looking forward to the tests, NZ dont play many tests and the Windies will have Lara...i think the tests will be very competitive.

I wish Aus could find a Oram or Bravo. They both can change a match with either ball or bat. The test series definitely will be good because NZ aren't great in the test arena and any side with Lara in it will be tough to beat. Also maybe Sarwan will finally step up and reach his potential.

well i think the selectors are hoping Watson will develop like that but Oram is a powerful hitter while Bravo is just freakish with ball especially.
I dont think Watson is either.

The test series is what I am looking forward to. Fingers crossed for good weather, its getting into winter here due to the poor scheduling.

The West Indies should do better in the tests. They havn't played an ODI for ages, we havn't played a test for ages. So mabee that will show, like the West Indies lack of recent game has shown. Bond and Vettori in a test match makes me drool everywhere. And Lara, well, its gonna be good. Can't wait to see how Fulton does in his own game. (bes better domestically in the 4 day version.) and hopefully Papps will get recalled, as I think hes a bette roptions than Cumming or How. Theres definatly a spot for grabs and another consistantly fantastic season should get him a place.

It definitely is strange scheduling. West Indies finished up in Aus in Decemeber. NZ finished late December. I would have thought a January series was the best bet.

I can't wait to see how Bond goes in a test match, its been a very long time since we have seen him in the whites.

How looked pretty decent in some of his ODI showings so he might not be a bad option. Cumming I don't see as an opener for the Black Caps. If Papps gets a go the Windies would be the team to go up against. They don't have a speedster in the speed of Lee to bowl that quick bouncer to bring back memories for Papps so this would be the best time to bring him back.

Users who are viewing this thread