West Indies in New Zealand

Who will win the ODI series and Test Series?

• New Zealand win both ODI series and Test Series

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • New Zealand win ODI series, West Indies win Test Series

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • West Indies win ODI series, New Zealand win Test Series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • West Indies win both ODI series and Test Series

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • West Indies win ODI series and Draw test series

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • New Zealand win ODI series and Draw test series

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
wow they were great pieces of cricket.

i wish i had foxtel...then i wouldve been able to see them

Yes I agree, How didn't do anything wrong really. Franklin hasn't really been performing consistently enough lately but I still rate him highly, he's a dangerous swinger of the ball and can reach a decent level of pace at times, so the selectors should be keeping in earshot of his progress.

He probably didn't do anything wrong. But three openers is enough. Taylor is a number 4 or 5 even or so which is where we need someone more. Now that its dead rubber, I guess we are looking to get more options.

Good to see Mills back. I probably perfer Franklin over Mason. But I guess they wanna see more of him.

*Link removed*

apparantly links arn't allowed, so go to youtube and search cricket. Theres lots of india and pakistan ones plus the ones I posted, highlights of this game.

Last edited:
well with the 4th odi starting tomorrow i would like to see new zealand give bond a rest now i don't want them to become dependant on him as australia is with lee. in fact i would rather have him rested for the last 2 ODI's and be fresh for the tests. we need to be fully fit and on form for the world cup

I kind of agree. But it depends on how he feels.

We want him for all three tests. So 1 or 2 game soff would be good.

New Zealand 111/1 (19.0 Ovs) Great start of New Zealand. Just as I wanted to post this Fleming is out. But I see he hit 6 fours and 4 sixes. Great innings.

Good score by NZ! WI will have to chase 225 to win.

Big win. Good team performance really. Good to see our top order really fire. Astle is really showing that he is world class. Fleming got himself back into the swing of things. Bowling was fantastic again from Vettori, Bond and Mills. Bond deserves a rest. Edwards is looking like a very good bowler for West Indies future. Luckily we could afford to just play him out, there was no need to go after him. Fleming and Vincent did very well to bat the first 10 out and then really launch.

Vettori, Mills and Bond were better choices to send out over Fulton and Marshall, but oh well, the total was huge and unreachable for West Indies anyway. Their team actually isn't bad, I mean once Bravo gets back to bowling they have a long batting order with a lot of bowling options. Bowling options didn't help today, most went poor.

5-0 hopefully!!! Second place on the rankings, where we belong hopefully also.

That latest Cricinfo List has Bond right up near the top of the list. ;)

Despite WI being the opposition, NZ have really developed as a one-day unit, as their side works pretty well together and has one of the better balances in world cricket. They will be a strong force in contesting for the 2007 WC in my opinion, especially with the extra pressure off Fleming as a captain with Bond as his strike bowling option, as he can produce wicket taking spells in most situations where his former bowlers haven't had that ability. As well as this, Vettori will be able to ease into his rhythm with the extra support. This is all providing injuries don't strike, and the best possible combinations are formed.

yes hopefully near the world cup we dont get any injuires

I have to say that Chanderpauls captaincy is less then impressive.

The West Indies would stand a chance against a few of the ODI nations. But not us or Australia. Thats for sure.

And some news. How did his test selection chances no harm with a century in domestic cricket and Franklin got a 200, believe it or not. Adams is back and bowling and batting pretty well.

In my opinion, How should not be selected to open for us in the test series. Mabee they should put him in the swuad, but I would have Papps with Fleming. Papps has had another fantastic season. Hes so consistant and has more experiance. Hes done nothing wrong in the past either.

I don't know whether Oram will be avaliable, hopefully he will.

Last edited:
irottev said:
I have to say that Chanderpauls captaincy is less then impressive.

The West Indies would stand a chance against a few of the ODI nations. But not us or Australia. Thats for sure.

And some news. How did his test selection chances no harm with a century in domestic cricket and Franklin got a 200, believe it or not. Adams is back and bowling and batting pretty well.

In my opinion, How should not be selected to open for us in the test series. Mabee they should put him in the swuad, but I would have Papps with Fleming. Papps has had another fantastic season. Hes so consistant and has more experiance. Hes done nothing wrong in the past either.

I don't know whether Oram will be avaliable, hopefully he will.

Well I've always considered Franklin as a quality batsman with a solid technique, someone who could bat in the lower-order and provide some support, but a double century is amazing. Maybe he's working hard on his batting to improve his allround balance of skills and be recognized for selection again.

Users who are viewing this thread