West Indies in New Zealand

Who will win the ODI series and Test Series?

• New Zealand win both ODI series and Test Series

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • New Zealand win ODI series, West Indies win Test Series

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • West Indies win ODI series, New Zealand win Test Series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • West Indies win both ODI series and Test Series

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • West Indies win ODI series and Draw test series

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • New Zealand win ODI series and Draw test series

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just as I thought he would Ross Taylor is going real well against the Windies. He was going at better than a run a ball at a stage when NZ looked to be in real trouble. He has the makings to be a real good player for the Black Caps.

Well it's good to see a West Indian victory for once. I read it was a very close match, with once again Bond performing brilliantly. The West Indian scorecard seems to consist of an accumulation of starts.

Well the Windies truely deserved it after their bowling display. Batting wasn't great but those little knocks got them home in the end.
Bond well and truely had the measure of Gayle this series.

Glad to see the windies winning after a while. I think they are a stronger team than they make themselves out to be. I mean some of the guys have serious talent. They may not be worldbeaters but they are no minnows either. But they do play like one most of the time. These guys really underperform. I mean, if they put their head down and apply themselves, they may not beat the big teams but may atleast be able to give a good fight. I do think they have the talent for that.....

Bond well and truly had the measure of the whole team. It was a shame he couldn't keep them from scoring 3 runs in the last over. He provided problems.

Very close game. The West Indies I guess deserved something. They have played well but lack the leadership and skills to keep playing well for a whole day.

Had Vettori played we would of won obviously but thats the price for resting. Im not overly impressed with Eden park pitch. It doesn't live up to the other ones standards.

Im glad we finally got tested and at least we can now get something out of the tour. Dropped chances, missed run outs probably need to be worked on. The fielding coach hasn't amazed me with what hes done yet. Mabee hes made a little impact.

Now in the tests the West Indies are going to have to face a lot of Bond and a lot of Vettori. THey havn't been able to play any bowler comfortably. Bond even had a dropped catch which ended up going for a couple of runs and an edge between slip and wicket keeper. Those moments could of cost us. Then there was Patels rank full toss which was dispatched for 4 in the second last over. Bond could of defended 5 or 6 runs from the last over, but not 3. Taylor was impressive but played a silly shot. Those 3 balls we didn't bat at the end could of cost us too. So hopefully some lessons learnt.

Glad to see the windies winning after a while. I think they are a stronger team than they make themselves out to be. I mean some of the guys have serious talent

Definatly. They arn't pushovers. They have a long batting order and a lot of bowling options. Their main problem in my opinion is Chanderpaul. He is a poor captain. Hes also a terrible speaker. THeir other problem is lack of concentrating and playing at their best for whole days. They seem to have good patches and then all of a sudden they totally lose it and crumble.

Can't wait for the tests. 3-0 there would be nice.

Good for the West Indies they've won a match.

Can someone tell me what happened here? And his underwear doesn't look that clean. :rolleyes:

59910.jpg

Lou Vincent finds himself in a soup, New Zealand v West Indies, 5th ODI, Auckland, March 4, 2006

He dove for the ball. So it got grass stain I guess.

His pants cord broke when attempting a hard catch. Then when attempting another they came off.

How, Fulton and Patel in New Zealand Test side

Jamie How, Peter Fulton and Jeetan Patel have been included in New Zealand's squad for the first Test against West Indies at Eden Park in Auckland on March 9.

John Bracewell, New Zealand's coach, announced the 13-man squad for the first of three Tests with the major talking point being the opening combination of How and Hamish Marshall. How and Fulton, the Canterbury batsman, have shown promise in the handful of one-day appearances they have been given, while Patel's inclusion comes on the back of handy spells as Supersub in recent times.

The remainder of the squad is the nucleus of the side which thumped West Indies 4-1 in the one-day series. The surprise omission was that of Lou Vincent, who scored a century in the fourth one-day match in Napier on Wednesday. Chris Martin, the fast bowler, makes a return to the side.

Two players will be omitted on the morning of the match to play domestic cricket, New Zealand Cricket said.

Squad: Nathan Astle, Shane Bond, Stephen Fleming (captain), Peter Fulton, James Franklin, Jamie How, Brendon McCullum, Hamish Marshall, Chris Martin, Kyle Mills, Jeetan Patel, Scott Styris, Daniel Vettori

? Cricinfo

A bit suprising that Vincent has been dropped but I guess we'll have to wait and see how James Marshall goes.

what will happen to Patel now the supersub is gone?

i spose they could play Vettori as an alrounder but thats damn risky.

On a spinning pitch or in sub-continent, Patel can be part of the team. Don't think he will be selected any other way.

genghis_khan said:
what will happen to Patel now the supersub is gone?

i spose they could play Vettori as an alrounder but thats damn risky.

Vettori is a more than capable all rounder. He has opened for NZ and his domestic team in ODI cricket.

NZ has too many bits and pieces players. They will be found out when playing against a better team than windies away from home. Their top order is too shaky and other than Bond, they don't have a genuine wicket taker.

its never easy for NZ

i think they do really well to put such a competitive team on the park given its such a small country, with few players to choose from.

ZexyZahid said:
Good for the West Indies they've won a match.

Can someone tell me what happened here? And his underwear doesn't look that clean. :rolleyes:

59910.jpg

Lou Vincent finds himself in a soup, New Zealand v West Indies, 5th ODI, Auckland, March 4, 2006
that's shocking :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread