West Indies in New Zealand

Who will win the ODI series and Test Series?

• New Zealand win both ODI series and Test Series

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • New Zealand win ODI series, West Indies win Test Series

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • West Indies win ODI series, New Zealand win Test Series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • West Indies win both ODI series and Test Series

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • West Indies win ODI series and Draw test series

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • New Zealand win ODI series and Draw test series

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think Patel will get too many matches in NZ even though he is a fairly good spinner because of our pitches. Vincent was dropped because he was reluctant to open, and with Fulton at 3 there was no room for him lower down the order.

I don't agree with Vincent being left out. I also don't agree that Papps wasn't brung into the side. I mean, I know they like How at the moment, but Papps already has played tests and has done a good job so far. And his domestic record is better, this season and overall.

But whatever, mabee How will do great. Looking forward to Marshall opening. Could be a disaster though as he doesn't have much experiance opening. Fulton is a solid player who can bat for a looong time. So him at 3 is a good idea.

I am glad Martin made the side. He is a very good test bowler. Hes one of the few bowlers who can't bat in this country but he gets nice swing and bowls good line and length in tests. He can bowl a lot of overs too at good pace.

I agree that Patel probably won't be used a hell of a lot. He may play 1 match. I actually like Bruce Martin. Havn't seen much of him but he has very impressive record. Has taken lots of wickets this season. Played pretty well for NZA.

Mills and Patel will probably be excluded for the first test. Mabee Mills will get in ahead of Martin, but Mills hasn't had a hell of a lot of cricket lately so he will probably sit out for a start and if a bowler under-performs he may replace them.

I'm looking forward to these tests.

Last edited:
I might actually pop out and watch the one here in Basin. Its only $5 for the post-tea sessions.

At least he can spend some time with his family.

He may get to go to South Africa or play in one of these tests yet.

He deserved a spot. Hes had a great summer.

WI won the toss and elected to bowl. Its quite windy where I am and its fairly overcast. I would say there should be a result from this match given its bowler friendly nature.

Also no one is at the ground, it is dead empty bar the players.

aussie1st said:
WI won the toss and elected to bowl. Its quite windy where I am and its fairly overcast. I would say there should be a result from this match given its bowler friendly nature.

Also no one is at the ground, it is dead empty bar the players.
Laul, has it started today, I didn't even know, might turn on the tv for a while.:p

Just turn on Prime they got it on for free :)
Big surpise Marshall opening, I didn't see that coming. Astle and Styris both are batting fairly low.

Edwards first ball was a ripper, good pace and out swing. Totally beat Marshall.

It was written all over that NZ (read Bracewell) picked Marshall ahead of Lou Vincent coz Marshall was willing to open the innings.

New Zealand 70/4 (26.0 ov) at lunch.

If How or Fulton don't do well in the second innings Vincent could come back.

Of the 26 overs, Bradshaw bowled 13 overs of them.

New Zealand are 90-4. Unfortunately the windies havent chosen near enough bowlers to take 20 wickets. We needed bravo as a bowler and without his skills, its going to be tough seeing Fidel, Taylor and Bradshaw, with the help of Smiths little mediums, bowl out the newzealanders. As the ball starts to do abit less as the test goes on, they will get more and more inaffective. need more wickets fast!!!

interesting stage the game is at.

New Zealand are scoring at around 4.20 an over which is very quick for test cricket. They are 207-7 after 50 overs. Windies have done fairly well, but we all know they have trouble finishing off the innings, they struggle to clean up the tail.

Will need to bowl New Zealand out for under 275 if they are going to win this game one would feel.

Marhsall, How and Fulton are not a dream top 3 because the latter two are on debut and the other has little experiance opening the innings. We have an extremly strong bowling attack to defend with.

Nice knock Styris, could of made osme more, Martins decision was bad. :(

Users who are viewing this thread