West Indies in New Zealand

Who will win the ODI series and Test Series?

• New Zealand win both ODI series and Test Series

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • New Zealand win ODI series, West Indies win Test Series

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • West Indies win ODI series, New Zealand win Test Series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • West Indies win both ODI series and Test Series

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • West Indies win ODI series and Draw test series

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • New Zealand win ODI series and Draw test series

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
jdbais said:
Start delayed by rain. WI will need a lot more of it to save them though.
funny, I am not seeing any rain, might have rained during the night maybe. If it has than it will clear up pretty quickly.

Series goes to us, yay. Good performance, big win. Next test will be interesting. Our opener problem needs fixing though.

Windies go down crashing again.. perhaps Chanderpaul should resign as captain, he could contribute much more as a batsman and they also have india comming later, against whom he has a very good record.

Coudnt believe Nz had odds 1/2 for winning the series.. i thought 1/3 or 1/4 wouldve been more like it given West Indies team's current record but any case no complaints i made some handy Vcash :d

Oops see that payments not handed out yet ..hand 'em out please haha :D

good win to the kiwis.

once again the windies are disappointing at best.

I dont quite know what to make of the new zealanders though, they beat the weaker teams but still struggle against the big boys. Their test series in South Africa in a month or two will be very interesting.

genghis_khan said:
good win to the kiwis.

I dont quite know what to make of the new zealanders though, they beat the weaker teams but still struggle against the big boys. Their test series in South Africa in a month or two will be very interesting.

No it won't. I predict SA will completely smash NZ.

NZ barely scraped through in the first test match and won a lot more comfortably in the second. But I feel had Lara been in any sort of decent form, NZ would have lost. The WI batting lineup is so weak when Lara fails.

lol, ok. The test series in SA WILL be interesting. After the Aussies demolish them they will be in a bad place.

I predict a close test series so long as Vettori, Bond, Fleming etc. arn't injured or something. The personal is evenly matched.

Seems like their is heavy rain, should be interesting seeing if the Kiwis are good enough to win the test match from here if they can get onto the pitch.

Theres rain? I thought the outfield was just waterlogged. Hopefully theres play after lunch.

You would expect better drainage from NZ grounds. Anyways, the umpires have had an inspection and play is about to start soon which is good news.

Game has finally started. Fleming put the Windies in as epexted but Gayle is kicking up a storm of his own. Question is how long will it last.

irottev said:
Well its over already. Fantastic captaincy by Fleming.

Fantastic from Fleming or poor from Gayle.

Lara has elevated himself to 3. Last time he did that he got 400* :eek:

jdbais said:
Fantastic from Fleming or poor from Gayle.

Lara has elevated himself to 3. Last time he did that he got 400* :eek:

yea yup, precisely. I am very happy that he came in at 3, probably its a strategy that will gain him back his lost form. Looking great so far on 28, and if he passes 50, as I said earlier, look out!

If Lara settles down properly, especially the first session, then you never know!!

Regret on not including him in my fantasy cricket team....

Users who are viewing this thread