West Indies in New Zealand

Who will win the ODI series and Test Series?

• New Zealand win both ODI series and Test Series

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • New Zealand win ODI series, West Indies win Test Series

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • West Indies win ODI series, New Zealand win Test Series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • West Indies win both ODI series and Test Series

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • West Indies win ODI series and Draw test series

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • New Zealand win ODI series and Draw test series

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
New Zealand are 335/7 at stumps with a lead of 143 runs. WI had a great chance to limit the lead after they got McCullum out, at which stage the lead was about 50 runs, but they blew it with Chanderpaul's captaincy. WI need something very special from Lara (since none of the other batsman seem capable) if they are to stay in this match.

BTW Ian Smith came to my place today for dinner with his wife. Actually Smithy, Richardson and Crowe are our regular customers if I failed to mention it.:D

ZexyZahid said:
You work for a restaurant or something?
Yeah I actually do and its a pretty good one. We have had lots of cricketers at our place including Sehwag, Gavaskar, Steve Waugh. :D
Last year Crowe, Smithy and Richardson came on Smithy's birthday and they were having a go at Richardson and asking him what would he do if he faced reverse-swing cause he didn't know how to play it. hehe :D

Pretty good. Did you take any pictures? And try calling Richardson an idiot. Tell us his reaction. :laugh

ZexyZahid said:
Pretty good. Did you take any pictures? And try calling Richardson an idiot. Tell us his reaction. :laugh
Hehe, sadly we have to be at our best behaviour as they are our customers but I remember some good chats.

James219 said:
What, a double in mind before the initial century :p?
Anyway, Fleming dismissed for 97, he's got a terrible conversion rate for a player of his class. I mean, 8 centuries, or something near that, in nearly a hundred tests. New Zealand are on top passing the Windies' total comfortably, with Fulton marching on.

well mate, Lara's usually when passes 50, goes onto a biggg score. However, hands down, will agree with you for the initial century...

rocklara said:
well mate, Lara's usually when passes 50, goes onto a biggg score. However, hands down, will agree with you for the initial century...

Yes, I agree with that totally. The problem with some of Lara's big scores were they were not at the right time. His 400 was in a series that was dead, so it didn't mean a lot team wise. Same with his 240 in December, it would of been much better in the 1st test.

rocklara said:

Yep, I know that and agree, but he is obviously slightly burderned at the age of 36 where people expect him to constantly go on from the century and score the double or something similar. We'd like to see him bounce back to form in that fashion, but it doesn't always happen that way, and I doubt he's focusing on specific scores right now anyway.

Drewska said:
Yes, I agree with that totally. The problem with some of Lara's big scores were they were not at the right time. His 400 was in a series that was dead, so it didn't mean a lot team wise. Same with his 240 in December, it would of been much better in the 1st test.

He might of got a big score in the first two tests had it not been for the umpires.

I do think Lara is slightly burderned by his age which is why he should start batting at number 5. Chanderpaul should go in at 4. Especially with the WI openers, Lara ends up facing the new ball far too often.

Lara is gone for one run only. He made seven runs in the series, I think. And New Zealand is looking for a victory here. Already three wickets down for West Indies and 95 behind.

I won't even bother go watching even if Basin is 5 minutes walk from my house.

Yea, well Lara is in a bit of rough form definitely, but I fancy his chances to hit back, but then again will be at the wrong time. I fancy him to leave New Zealand at least with a century... :rolleyes:

Hoping...

Users who are viewing this thread