West Indies in New Zealand

Who will win the ODI series and Test Series?

• New Zealand win both ODI series and Test Series

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • New Zealand win ODI series, West Indies win Test Series

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • West Indies win ODI series, New Zealand win Test Series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • West Indies win both ODI series and Test Series

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • West Indies win ODI series and Draw test series

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • New Zealand win ODI series and Draw test series

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes same thing might have happened in australia but it's become a rarity rather than a norm from lara as it was before. His reflexes are slower, he doesnt pick up length as quickly these days and his footwork & coordination isnt the same...all signs of the nearing of end sadly..A treat to watch him over the years and we'll should appreciate every performance he puts up , can't take them for granted anymore :)

vizard said:
Yes same thing might have happened in australia but it's become a rarity rather than a norm from lara as it was before. His reflexes are slower, he doesnt pick up length as quickly these days and his footwork & coordination isnt the same...all signs of the nearing of end sadly..A treat to watch him over the years and we'll should appreciate every performance he puts up , can't take them for granted anymore :)

Totally disagree. He is just out of form, plain and simple. He has barely played any cricket since December and looks very rusty. All those things will come back with form.

Well he hasn't had a bad decision yet (although a few of the West Indians did) but I realise totally that a double century could come next innings. You never know.

Waste Of Talent

Brian Lara Deserves Better. Not To Play Down Gayle But Lara Has Played With The Likes Carl, Walsh And Ambrose. The West Indies Has Become A Mediocre Team. They Don't Have The Same Passion And Agression As They Use To In The Late 90's. That's What I Feel Is The Problem. This Nonsense About Slow Reflexes Is Just Ludacris. The Man Is Still On His Worst Days The Most Feared Player On The West Indies. Lara Just Needs Good Talent Around Him So That He Can Get Excited About The Games Again Rite Now U Don't See Lara Comin Out There Relaxed And Focused To Play, Because He Is Caring The Whole Team On His Shoulders They Only Go As Far As He Can Take Them. Lara Is The West Indian Team Rite Now Aside From Gayle There Is No One That Handle Worldclass Bowlers. That Is What Is Wrong There Too Much Pressure

i agree there is no way Lara has lost anything, it was only November he hammered that glorious 226 at Adelaide.

Gayle needs to get his act together, he is an important part of that team, clearly more important than he thinks. Chanderpaul although it seems was unlucky he has still been poor this series...it is beyond me why Chanderpaul is the captain...give it to someone with something to offer, Denesh Ramdin i think.

maniac said:
Brian Lara Deserves Better. Not To Play Down Gayle But Lara Has Played With The Likes Carl, Walsh And Ambrose. The West Indies Has Become A Mediocre Team. They Don't Have The Same Passion And Agression As They Use To In The Late 90's. That's What I Feel Is The Problem. This Nonsense About Slow Reflexes Is Just Ludacris. The Man Is Still On His Worst Days The Most Feared Player On The West Indies. Lara Just Needs Good Talent Around Him So That He Can Get Excited About The Games Again Rite Now U Don't See Lara Comin Out There Relaxed And Focused To Play, Because He Is Caring The Whole Team On His Shoulders They Only Go As Far As He Can Take Them. Lara Is The West Indian Team Rite Now Aside From Gayle There Is No One That Handle Worldclass Bowlers. That Is What Is Wrong There Too Much Pressure

You like capital letters a lot I see.

andrew_nixon said:
I dunno but with some fonts sometimes writing with a captial letter of each word or at the start of each word etc looks better

Last edited:
andrew_nixon said:

lol , caps lock was on man i was so into my little pst that i didn't even see that until i posted and read it that every word had a capital letter ;)

This is disappointing batting again from the West Indies. But on the other hand West Indian bowlers can change things around, like they did in the first Test.

And good bowling of Franklin.

Well Lara is a bit out of touch. However, as all u guys said concerning the australia tour, that he will come good. I am a great supporter of Brian Lara on his bad and good days, and definitely a double century may be lurking ahead. Once he gets past 50, look out!!

Well hes going to need to, Fleming has hit a 50 and Fulton is looking good now. WI need some quick break throughs.

rocklara said:
Well Lara is a bit out of touch. However, as all u guys said concerning the australia tour, that he will come good. I am a great supporter of Brian Lara on his bad and good days, and definitely a double century may be lurking ahead. Once he gets past 50, look out!!

What, a double in mind before the initial century :p?
Anyway, Fleming dismissed for 97, he's got a terrible conversion rate for a player of his class. I mean, 8 centuries, or something near that, in nearly a hundred tests. New Zealand are on top passing the Windies' total comfortably, with Fulton marching on.

Last edited:
He played very well, quite positive, scoring aggressively against all bowlers. NZ on top, if they get 150 run lead, match will be over. DOn't write of WI though, Gayle can swing it over sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread