West Indies Tour of England - July 2020

D

Dutch

Although Botham was clearly the better bowler
I wouldn't speak in terms of better or worse as Stokes still has a good chunk of years of his career to play and they are used differently. Stokes worth as a bowler is not in the amount of wickets he takes at what price but he has the knack of doing things, making things possible, enabling others to do their thing, getting something out of a situation that others can't.

Nice article here: from Jan 2020 mind.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/28483448/botham-flintoff-stokes-england-greatest-allrounder

D

Dutch

I would take Stokes above the other two in my team anytime just for the very qualities he possesses above his fielding, bowling and batting. Don't get me wrong; Botham was a very very skilled bowler in his own right and was more of a front-line bowler than perhaps Stokes and Flintoff are/were and he had a lot more guile than perhaps Flintoff and Stokes but I would still want Stokes

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I would take Stokes above the other two in my team anytime just for the very qualities he possesses above his fielding, bowling and batting. Don't get me wrong; Botham was a very very skilled bowler in his own right and was more of a front-line bowler than perhaps Stokes and Flintoff are/were and he had a lot more guile than perhaps Flintoff and Stokes but I would still want Stokes
If you're picking an ideal England XI you'd have Stokes at 5, Botham at 6, Flintoff at 7 and Buttler at 8.

skysports-ed-smith-england_4960762.jpg

D

Dutch

So who will England give a place to in the quicks: Anderson, Broad, Archer? Woods? Curran? Woakes? Who gets in who misses out?

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So who will England give a place to in the quicks: Anderson, Broad, Archer? Woods? Curran? Woakes? Who gets in who misses out?
I would put my money on Archer coming in for Woakes and Anderson for Curran.

D

Dutch

I would go Woakes Broad Anderson but I think Archer will come in instead of Anderson indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread