Story West Indies Tour Of England

Sarwan's Proven Matchwinning Innings

Attachments

• sars 50.jpg
    sars 50.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 26
Mikey: " Well what an end to an entertaining ODI series, but the final match proving to be a bit one sided. As we discussed earlier, Ian, 211 to win for the west indies on this type of wicket where the ball would come, rather than at leeds england needed something in the range of 250-265 on around there. i dont think their bowlers could have defended that total, and it proved that. A good restoration innings by anthony mcgrath, but england continued to give away their wickets. Really it wasnt one of the great ODI performances by the englishmen, but there should be no great alarms. The west indies, well they were fantastic on the day, their bowling and batting clicked together, and they deserved this win but no so quickly one would presume in only 25 odd overs or so:eek: . Sarwan, Lara, Gayle were the architects of this victory, but i thought england missed a trick by not including ashley giles in their final 11, ur thoughts ian...

Ian: " well a good ODI series, but as u said too much of a one sided final, not often we see this from england, but they have proven to be a stronger test team than an ODI team. yea definitely they missed giles, because blackwell was really getting good turn out there. But michael vaughn shouldnt be disheartened, they have a 5 test series coming up, so they can prove to make up for the disappointment in the ODI's. For brain lara and his boys, well it must be a morale booster for this young , inexperienced but talented west indies team, but i think they need to keep winning streaks as well as their consistency as they face a small task of playing the minor counties in another One Day match. Now over to paul allot for the presentation...."

Paul: " Ladies and gentlemen, we come to the end of this wills ODI series, with the west indies proving to be the better team edging out the winners 2-1. It was a great series for this crowd which turned up, and it was a good display put on by both teams. Without further a do we call on the losing captain michael vaughn."

Paul: " Micheal, it fell apart really from the start of the innings when the main stay tres got out, and no one really steadied the ship not until mcgrath at the end, but 210 was never goin to be enuff."

Michael: " yea paul ur right, when marcus got out our batsmen couldnt pull it together and it was also due to good bowling from the west indies. anthony played a great knock, and are u forgetting steve harmison? his 39 was immaculate! however, matthew and steve never really had a decent total to bowl at, so this was always a problem. We missed ashley definitely on a wicket where turn was visible, it was a mistake which cost us. But we're not gonna make that bother us too much, as we have the wisden trophy to defend in the 5 test series, so we're looking forward to that."

Paul: " Micheal dont leave in a hurry, because we have a series cheque of 3,000 sterling to take with home for the team, and good luck in the upcoming wisden trophy test series."

Paul: " We call on the victorious captain Brian Lara..."

Paul: " Brian, did u believe that the boys could have pulled through on this type of pitch, where spin was the key, but with no giles it made the task seem easier..."

Brian: " yea, batting looked sooo easy when we were out there. I guess the toss was very important from the start. the boys bowled brialliantly for the entire series, only the batting was a concern, but it pulled through at the end. Chris, Sars played great knocks to bring it home. It feels great to win a series away from home in a long time, but im glad it was done through this young team. I know we have falled in the test arena, but we do hope to put up a fight and if not try to regain the wisden trophy. We hope to have back dwayne into the team, but we still have our next match the minor counties, so most liklely we will continue to put out these good performances."

Paul: " Well congrats brian and to the boys of the caribbean, we have a series winning cheque of 3,200 sterling and the presentation of the wills ODI trophy for u. For now its goodbye from us all."

That was some massacre WI did to England. You are playing true to the nature of WI team mate, one day you are down and the next you are right up there comparable with the best in the world. I suppose a little more consistency may help you with the rest of the matches, good luck with the rest of the games.

thanks ravi, but i will be planning on doin a mix of patches for the upcoming test series....for the first 3 days i will be using tutsi's 6.0, but then for the last 2 days i will be using koala's difficult test patch, where the ball doesnt come on too easy, and ofcourse it will be more realistic as its difficult to bat on the 4th an 5th days of a test, what do u think?

Absolutely, you got to get the best out of everything I like your approach although I have'nt tried any other patch myself.

West Indies Vs Minor Counties

One day match:

match conditions:

Pitch: Green
Weather: Sunny

West Indies V Minor Counties

Match Report

Pitch: Green

Weather: Sunny

Temperature: Cool

Well guys i made a mistake when i forgot to run fraps during the windies reply to 70 all out made by the counties. But you wont believe it, with the pitch doing all sorts of things and the ball turning as well as seaming around along with swing, west indies were skittled for 25 all out. Only pedro collins top scored with 4.

Counties Bowling Figures:

Sharp (RM) 6 overs 3 maidens 11 runs 6 wickets

Brown ( OS) 4 overs 2 maidens 4 runs 4 wickets

Full match analysis to be continued...

West Indies v Gloucstershire @ Bristol

Windies Lineup

Attachments

• win line.jpg
    win line.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread