Story West Indies Tour Of England

Actually i will stick to tutsi's 6.0 for the first 3 days then use sacks for the last 2 days, if the match enters a 5th day

Lara won the toss and on a damp wicket elected to field

Attachments

• toss- wi.jpg
    toss- wi.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 30
Windies Bowling Figures @ lunch

Attachments

• win bowl at lunch.jpg
    win bowl at lunch.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 25
David: " Well its lunch here, and england have not done too well to begin this series. It was a good toss to win because on a damp wicket which was left uncovered after torrential rain, it is slow and very difficult to bat on. Im not too sure england made the correct choice of selecting Collingwood here over Giles. It is obvious that mohammed is getting turn on this difficult pitch and will continue to get turn throughout the upcoming 3rd and 4th days. I think england missed that trick. Nonetheless, they still have Strauss at the wicket, but he needs to stay there and get some support from Jones, Flintoff and Collingwood. It will be interesting to see how both teams go about this next session. Rampaul, Collins, Gayle and Dave bowled with good control, but england need to occupy the crease, that is how you will get your runs."

Ian: " I cant more than agree with you David, england are a bit shakey here losing Tres early for 1, but Strauss is there, and probably this may be the innings of his life here, if he can manage to get england to a respectable 200-235. It will be interesting to see this next session, but Brian Lara needs to keep his spinners on, its obvious that england haven't negotiated a combination of spin from both ends."

What only 34 runs off 26 overs:eek: losing 2 wickets as well, that is a pathetic start by England here.

David: " Well the umpires call tea, and its a balanced session, as we saw england recover from 34/3 to 126/7, adding 92 runs for 4 wkts, mainly based on the highlight of Strauss's important 67. But the fact is that the west indies are still very much in control of the match so far, and Ravi Rampaul being the pick of the bowlers, with these 2 wkts in that session between lunch and tea. Still a very difficult pitch to score runs, but its really a matter of time before these last 3 wkts fall. However these last 3 batters still have to hang around here, and make the west indies work for these last 3. It is still an important final session, i think Lara should now use a tandem of spinner and fast bowler."

Mikey: " Well its still good to see a better session of play, it was quite dismal to see only 34 runs on the board at lunch, but england picked it up a bit to score at 3.5 rpo which is really a good comeback, but losing 4 wkts would not have been ideal. It was a great innings by Strauss but he needed someone to stay with him, the loss of Strauss and Jones in quick succession, turned the game back into the west indies favour. But its still an important final session of play."

West Indies bowling figures @ tea

Attachments

• win bowl.jpg
    win bowl.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 15

Users who are viewing this thread